Chapter 15

“Oh, my gosh, he’s so fit!” the squeal echoed through the room as soon as Daisy opened the front door the next morning and Jade barged her way past her to sit down.

“Come in.” Daisy said sarcastically and gestured to the room before her.

Jade shrugged, “so, are you two…?” Jade wiggled her eyebrows and chuckled as she shuffled in her seat trying to make herself more comfortable.

Daisy sat next to Jade and turned to face her, crossing her legs on the sofa. She sighed and closed her eyes. “No, I’m still… Brandon’s the love of my life. I couldn’t do that to him. Plus, I’m not sure I’m ready for that; it’s only been three weeks and I just don’t know if I’m ready for anything else.”

“Yeah, but think about it. You’ve not seen him in seven months; you’ve been without someone to love for a long time. As much as I loved my brother and you were great together, don’t you think it’s time to move on? You can’t be single for the rest of your life, Daise.”

“I know, but-”

“No buts, Daisy Chain. You need to move on and forget what anyone else thinks about this. Do what’s best for you and you only. Do you like him?”

She bit the inside of her cheek sighed, reluctantly defeated. “Yeah, he’s lovely. He was so sweet last night and I felt comfortable around him.”

“Argh!” she squealed in delight. “So, when are you seeing him next?”

“I don’t know. He’s going to ring me at lunchtime. I want to do something for him next, though. He paid for last night, so it’s only fair that it’s my turn, right?”

“Hmm, is he the type that wouldn’t let you pay for anything?” Jade pondered for a moment.

“I’m not sure. He didn’t really give me chance last night. I’ve been racking my brains all morning trying to figure out what I can do that will mean he doesn’t pay and doesn’t get the chance to. I know if we go out, he’d pay for everything in a shot. Plus, I don’t want it to be anything too fancy and serious; I want it to be fun and exciting.”

“What about a party?” Jade asked as a light switched on in her head. She thought it was the perfect way for them all to get to know each other.

“I’m sick of parties. They always end in disaster.” Daisy groaned.

“No, silly. A dinner party. You know, all sophisticated and such. It’s about time we all got together and had a little fun; it’s been way too stressful lately. I thought that you’d forgotten all about me at one point.” She pouted, pretending to be upset.

“I could never forget about you, Jadey-kins. I’m sorry if you thought that I was neglecting you, but I was struggling. I’ll definitely be there at the next scan; I promise. When is it, so I can write it down?” Daisy jumped up from her seat and ran to the kitchen to grab a piece of paper and a pen.

“June 8th, and you better, Woman! Ignoring my calls isn’t something everyone manages to get away lightly with.” Jade teased as the date was written on the paper and then magnetised to the fridge.

“Yeah, sorry.” Daisy frowned.

“So, a dinner party? I’ll help with the cost. You can invite the Soldier boys, Lee, Luke and Lindsay. I’ll bring myself and Steve. That’s eight including you.”

“Hmm, yeah go on, then. I could always ask Lee’s brother, Jamie if he wants to come too. They’ve been having a bit of a bad time lately, so I think they’d appreciate it.”

“That fine hunk of a man’s got a brother? Feel free to send him my way!”

Daisy laughed, “yeah and what would Steve think of that, Missy?” she raised her eyebrows in jest.