FOUR

"Let me know if you need me in the office.
Gotta go now.
Yes I'm going with a girl."
Steve looked at me as I was walking towards his car, "bye Danny."

"Is he giving you hard time?" I grinned at Steve.
"No, he just wants go come with us."
I looked at him slightly worried.
"Just kidding," Steve laughed.
"Ya ya very funny. Maybe we should take him," I smiled at Steve cheekily and I sat down to the passenger seat of his black Audi.
"Trust me, you wouldn't want that. He can turn even the most beautiful day into miserable one."
"I gotta meet this guy."
"Oh you never will," Steve grinned.

"What's the plan?" I asked him as were pulling out of the drive way.
"We have to stop at my place first to pick up our flippers, goggles and snorkels and then go the marina to take our boat and then straight to the most beautiful place you've ever seen," he turned his head towards me visibly happy with himself.
"You have a boat?"
"No, it's not mine. It belongs to an uncle of one of my colleagues and he lets me borrow it for the day when I ask nicely," he joked.
"Oh cool," I smiled. I was already excited for our adventure.

About 15 minutes later we pulled to Steve's house.
It was white, two storey house with dark red roof. The house was hidden from the drive way behind tall palm trees and beautiful, trimmed bushes which were covered in pink and white blossoms.
"Wait here, I'll be quick," Steve said and disappeared inside the house.

"How do you know about this snorkeling place?" I asked as we resumed our drive to the harbor

"My father used to take us there when we were kids. It was one of his favourite places on the entire island."
"We?" I looked at him.
He turned his head towards me while driving, "I have a sisiter. Mary."
"You have a sister? Poor girl." I joked.
"What!" But he quickly understood my joke, "she lives in LA, too by the way."
"Cool, where?" I said while looking out of the window admiring the beautiful Hawaiian scenery.
"She recently moved to Malibu with her daughter."
"I love Malibu, makes you forget you're so close to LA when you're there walking on the beach," I said as I got lost for a seconds in my own Malibu moments.
"You like it there?" Steve asked as we were driving on the ocean road.
"Malibu?" I looked at Steve.
"LA."
"Yes. A lot actually. It's a nice place contrary of what some people might think."
"I will have to come visit then," Steve said looking deep into my soul.
I slightly smiled back, "You should. But you sure have been there before?"
"Yep, few times here and there. But I spent most of my California days in San Diego."
It clicked to me in a moment, "Your army days?"
"Well it's Navy but yeah," he grinned back.

"Hi Steve."
"Hi Ben," harbor master, very tanned man with gray beard, greeted us as we walked through the gate of Raimbow Bay marina.
"Long time no see. Bad guys keeping you busy commaner?" Ben grinned at Steve clearly happy to see him again.
"You know how it goes Ben," Steve smiled back. He was happy to see the old man but didn't wanna talk about work on his rare day off.
"This is Sami. Sami, this is Ben."
"Hi Sami. It's nice to meet you," he shook my hand and looked at Steve with a proud smile.
"Pleasure is mine Ben."
"Well you picked great day for your trip guys. Weather forcast couldn't be better," Ben said looking at me, "you have a good one."
"Thanks Ben, see you later."
"Be safe you two."