FIVE

We were sitting outside on the patio both enjoying our dinner.
We were tired after our shower adventure but happy to be in each other's company.
We had candles, wine, good food. Steve was looking at me lovingly. So was I at him. I reached over the table and took his hand in mine, stroking his knuckles.
We didn't talk much until I asked him, "How many colleagues do you work with?"
He smiled at me, "Four. Danny, Chin, Kono and Jerry."
"And how did you get to do Five-0?" I asked still chewing on my medium cooked steak.
"My unit was training here on O'ahu and the governor approched me with the possibility of running my own task force unit. At that time I wasn't interested and I told him so. But then my best friend from the teams got killed and since then the Navy didn't feel the same for me. So I called the governor if the offer still stands and he gave me the job."
"I'm sorry about your friend," I looked into his eyes.
"Thanks. It happened long time ago but he's still out there. That's what bothers me. We haven't been able to locate his body and bring him home. The military is working on it but these things take time. Especially in...."
"In?"
"Sorry I can't tell, it's classified," he looked at me waiting at how I'll react.
"OK. I hope you'll get him back one day."
"Me too," he exhaled knowing I'm fine with the limited information, "BTW you should come to Five-0 sometimes, I'll give you a tour."
"I'd love to."

Ding ding.
"Who's that at 10.30 pm? Is that your girlfriend?" I grinned at Steve.
"I don't have a girlfriend," he smiled at me getting up from his chair, "but I do have Danny," he exhaled and walked to open the main door.
"Danny, what a surprise!" he said ironically, "What are you doing here. How did it go at work?"
"Can I come in or will you interrogate me outside?"
Steve moved away from the door.
"First, I came to see how your date went wrong today.
Second, work without you is a bliss. I can finally drive my own car. Can I get ice cold water please? I'm dying here," Danny asked but he was already on his way to the kitchen with Steve close behind answering.
"First you know you missed me today pal. Second, you get to drive your own car. When I'm not around. And third, why don't you ask her yourself," Steve was smiling at Danny.
"What do you mean?" Danny was lost for a second but then the detective brain of his kicked in, "she's here? You didn't kill her?"
"Yes she's here. Come, I'll introduce you." Steve grabbed 3 bottles of cold beer and they both walked outside.

"She's real," Danny chuckled as Steve introduced us.
"Don't listen to him Sami, sometimes he forgets that there are other people around him, too."
"It's nice to meet you Danny."
"Pleasure is really all mine. I'm surprised you didn't get blown up or shot after day with Steve. Cos that's everyday situation in my life working next to this animal."
"Danny!" Steve wanted Danny to shut up.
"What? You know I'm right," Danny defended himself.
"Should I wear bulletproof vest next time then?" I was more than happy to tease Steve bit longer knowing too well I'm safe with him.
"Absolutely, if you're crazy enough to do next time."
"Danny!!" Steve didn't like these comments at all.
"I think I am," I looked up at Steve who was standing next to my chair as Danny was sitting in his.
Steve smiled down at me and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't you have somewhere to be Danny? Like your own place?"
"I guess I do. And she's staying?"
"I don't know, is she staying?" Steve looked at me with hope in his expression.
"She's staying," I answered. Steve smiled and squeezed my shoulder.

"Looks like I met him after all," I laughed while Steve led our way upstairs to the bedroom.
"I hope he didn't ruin your day," Steve laughed at me.
"No, he's funny. And he cares about you."
"I love him too."
"I know," I nodded and squeezed Steve's hand.

We layed down naked on his bed, Steve pulled blanket over our bodies.
"I had fun today Sami, thanks for the day," Steve whispered into my ear while laying behind me.
"I loved it Steve, thank you for taking me," I turned around and kissed him good night.
"Good night Steve."
"Good night."
Few minutes later I heard Steve breaths slow down and deepend as he drifted into deep sleep and I followed shortly after.