ELEVEN

When Steve arrived to his house, it was already dark outside.
He was exhausted. He turned off the engine but let door of his car closed and leaned back to his seat. He needed few minutes to himself.
It was another hard day for Five-0 team but their effort payed off. Today they arrested the man who murdered Lucas, Steve's friend and former teammate. And even though he turned out to be only a hitman hired by another man from the mainland, it brought much needed comfort to Steve's heart. He was sure the real killer will be in cuffs soon as well.

So many of his former team mates were now dead. Sometimes he wondered if his job wasn't taking more from him than he was gaining.

As soon as he opened the main door from his home, he heard his girl talking to someone. He smiled, happy to have her around, and followed her voice upstairs.

"I don't wanna talk about it with you anymore. Of course I'm mad....And what did you expect..." I said to my phone sitting on the bed.
Steve entered the bedroom and threw himself on the bed, happy he didn't have to move for a while. He put kiss on my thigh but waited until I finished my phone call.
"You can do whatever you desire, I don't care. Have a nice evening!"
"Idiot!" I hung up and threw the phone into our soft sheets and smiled at Steve, happy he was finally home with me.

"Who was it?" Steve asked laying on his side facing me.
"My ex," I laughed, "first he cheats on me and now he would like to get back together."
"He cheated on you?" Steve was surprised why anyone in the right mind would do that to this beautiful woman.
"Yes, but I don't care. It wasn't meant to be. Plus now I have you," I winked at Steve and massaged his back with one hand.
He was smiling at me.
I leaned towards him aiming for a kiss but he quickly grabbed me around my waist and pulled me on top of him. I leaned in for deep passionate kiss.
For the first time in few days, I finally saw him relax and smile.

"You seem happy."
"I have you in my arms. That's enough for me," he smiled and scored few more points with me.
"Haha. Nice try," I laughed it off.
"How did it go with the case today?"
His look suddenly changed from happy into either sad or serious. I couldn't tell.
"We got the guy who shot Lucas."
"Yeah? That's wonderful news," I almost yelled and was about to kiss him again, "but you don't seem too excited about it," he confused me.
"You're not happy you got him?" I frowned my eyebrow at Steve.
He exhaled, "I am relieved that he will now pay for what he's done but it won't bring Lucas back. And he was only a gun for hire anyway."

I rested my head on his chest, "Do you know who ordered the hit?"
"It was nobody from New York."
"You'll have to be more specific babe."
Steve paused for one second before he shared all the details with me.
"That man hired Lucas, who worked as P.I. sometimes to earn some extra cash, to find his missing wife and child after NYPD came up empty.
Lucas tracked them here but it turned out the guy was abusive as hell and she run away to protect her newborn.
What sadly Lucas didn't notice was that the husband, knowing very well why his wife left him, hired another man to follow Lucas and keep an eye on him. And when he realized Lucas found out about what was really going on and decided not to bring the wife and child back, he gave order to his hitman to kill Lucas."

"Is the baby and mother OK?"
"Yes, they're fine. We were able to get to them before their plane took off back to NY. They'll spend the night in a hospital but should be released by tomorrow."

"And the husband?"
"I have FBI unit going after him on the mainland as we speak. It's just a matter of time," the way he said it I knew he really proud of the work of his team and satisfied with the results of their investigation.

"So it turned out your friend was a hero."
"Yes. And it costed him his life."
"I'm proud of you," I kissed his chest.
He smiled slightly and closed his eyes.
"Tired?"
"Hm."
"Turn around."
We moved and I was now sitting on Steve's behind running my hands all over his stiff back.
"Hm," he exhaled as my touch relieved his muscles from pain and he was beginning to relax.