Chapter 14

~The next morning~

You awoke to Brendon singing the 'Ducktales' theme song and dancing like an idiot. "Brendon as much as I love your singing, could you just not sing at like 8 in the morning?" "Well how else was I supposed to wake you up?" "Um how about playing the G note in my ear? That's very affective." "I'll remember that. But for now, get up because we have a fun day ahead of us!" You groaned and rolled out of the bed and onto the floor. You grabbed clothes from your bag and grabbed your makeup bag. You went into the bathroom and changed into the black leggings and Twenty One Pilots shirt. You then applied your makeup and fixed your hair up into a high ponytail. You came out to see all the guys waiting. "Well you look great." Brendon said. You blushed a bit and said "Thanks."

Once again, you thought you saw Pete and Patrick glare daggers at him for a split second before turning to you and smiling. You shrugged it off again and said "Are we ready to go now?" "Yep and also I should probably mention that Tyler Joseph, Josh Dun, Hayley Williams, and Ryan Ross are meeting us at our destination." Patrick said calmly. "WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS! LIKE THAT'S LITERALLY ALL MY IDOLS. ARE YOU PURPOSELY TRYING TO MAKE ME HAVE A HEART ATTACK!?" "No not intentionally. We just want you to be as happy as possible." "I ALREADY WAS REALLY HAPPY NOW I'M JUST LIKE CAN MY LIFE GET ANY BETTER?" "Actually it will once we get to our destination." Patrick replied smiling. "You guys are unbelievable." You say. "We know!" they all say together. You all pile into the bus and Brendon goes out to his car to retrieve something. He comes back with multiple bags and he puts them in the back. As you drive for about 20 minutes just talking and laughing, Patrick says "We're getting close. Andy, get the blindfold." "BLINDFOLD?! I DID NOT GIVE YOU MY CONSENT TO BLINDFOLD ME!" "Too late. We don't want you seeing where we are going." Pete says and Andy ties the blindfold around you. You sigh.

After a couple more minutes, the bus stops and someone grabs your hand and leads you off the bus. You feel grass beneath your feet then it changes to..dirt? You feel the blindfold being untied and you open your eyes. You are standing in the middle of a softball stadium. You see that the bags Brendon had were full of brand new bats and gloves along with face masks, softballs, and helmets. "OMG GUYSSS YOU BOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF JUST SO WE CAN PLAY SOFTBALL?" You were practically crying. You were going to be able to play again after many years. "Yep." They all said smiling. Brendon handed you a bat. It was brand new and it was a Louisville slugger. It was a composite bat and it was all black. It was 34 inches and the weight was -10. Bats like this usually run around $200-$300. "BRENDON THESE USUALLY COST AROUND $300!" he smiled. "Yeah. I wanted to get you one of the best bats there was."

Now you were literally crying. You hugged everyone and said thank you repeatedly. Then he handed you a new face mask, helmet, and glove. He distributed the others to everyone else. "Guys this had to have cost so much money. Why did you waste it all on me?" "It isn't wasted. We would do anything for you. We love seeing you happy." Pete said. And then that's when Tyler, Hayley, Ryan, and Josh got there. You froze. "Oh. My. Gosh." You whispered. They smiled and they each came up to you and gave you a hug. You couldn't help the tears of happiness that escaped your eyes. Brendon handed each of them all the gear too. "You know, I used to play softball as well." Hayley said. "Really? I never knew that. What position?" you asked. "Short, Third, and Pitcher." She said. "Really?! I played third and short most of the time and then I pitched a bit as well!" "Really?! That's amazing!" "Well should we decide positions?" Andy asked. "Yeah." "Ok I can be catcher." Andy said. "I'll play third." Hayley said. "I'll go first." Pete said. "I can take second." Patrick offered. "I'll pitch." Joe said. "And I can play short since I have so much energy." Brendon said. "And that means Ryan, Josh, and I will take outfield." Tyler said smiling. "Robin you bat first." Joe said. "I'll go easy on you so you can actually hit the ball." You scoffed. "Please, I was able to hit anything. Give me all you got JoeHoe."

You put on your helmet and Andy started to put on the catchers gear. Brendon had even bought that. You took some practice swings with your bat since you hadn't swung in a while as Joe threw some practice pitches. You timed up his release and knew you would be able to hit it. It was a bit fast so you would have to stand back in the batter's box a bit. He threw a bit to the outside. Just how you liked them. You smiled and walked into the box. "Ready JoeHoe?" You asked. "You bet." he started the windup and you timed it perfectly. A satisfying crack issued from the bat as the ball sailed towards center field. It actually went over the fence. Not bad for not playing in like 3 years. Joe stood there dumbstruck as you crossed home plate. Everyone was cheering and you said "Wow Joe, I told you not to go easy on me. That was exactly how I liked my pitches. It was almost too easy. You took off the helmet and set your bat against the fence. "Ok off the mound Joe, I'm pitching while you bat now." You had your face mask and glove on and were walking towards the mound." He was still dumbstruck at your hit as he took off the heartguard and handed it to you. "What's wrong Joe?" "No one was ever able to hit my outside pitches before in baseball." he mumbled. You laughed. He went to put his helmet on and stuff and you started to warm up by pitching to Andy. You stood tall, rocked on the mound and pushed off taking a long stride. It was a strike. "Ow geez you throw a lot harder than Joe did." Andy said. "Sorry." You said shrugging. Joe stepped into the batter's box and you threw in a fast ball. He swung and he missed. "Strike one!" Andy said. You threw in another fastball. He swung again but missed. Now Pete was laughing. "What's wrong Joe? Are you gonna be struck out by a girl?" Pete asked. "No." Joe said now getting annoyed. You decided to throw a changeup since he would be expecting another fastball. The ball went up and then down. It was his third strike. "Three strikes, you're out!" Andy yelled. "WHAT? NO!" Joe screamed. He was really annoyed now. "Way to go Robin!" Hayley said. "Thanks!" You guys continued to play until everyone had batted. Pete and Andy had hit home runs as well. Hayley had hit a triple and shot a ball out to right field. Patrick had hit a single, and Ryan had hit a ball to Brendon who caught it. You struck out Brendon, Josh, and Tyler. You were all exhausted at this point. "I never knew you were that good at softball." Brendon said. "Yeah I played from 1st grade all the way up until I graduated from high school." "Wow that's a long time." Pete said. "Yeah. But honestly guys, you don't know how much this meant to me. And I don't know how I will ever repay you for all the equipment." "You don't have to. We bought it for you to keep in case you wanted to bat or throw some other time. We are all going to keep our stuff so we can do this again." Joe said. "And when that day comes, you won't be able to strike me out." He added. You all laughed.