four // overthinking

i didn't know if i should call ella first, or if she should call me. it's been a few days and i kinda feel like she's ignoring me or thought i was annoying. maybe she's just busy, i thought to myself.

i was strumming on my guitar for a bit, and then my phone started to go off. i felt really happy all of a sudden, and my sadness and anxiety inside faded away. it was ella.

michael: hi ella!

ella: hi michael! haha, how are you?

michael: i'm okay. are you okay?

ella: yeah, i'm okay. just a little sick.

even when she's sick, her voice sounds pretty.

michael: aw, i'm sorry. i don't think i have ever asked you, but how old are you?

ella: i'm seventeen and i'm senior. you?

michael: i'm eighteen and i'm a senior too.

i'm really glad that ella and i are around the same age, because if she was way younger that would be a little weird.

ella: do you like school?

michael: well, i'm homeschooled so yeah i guess so.

ella: i'm homeschooled too haha, but it's kinda boring to me.

michael: yeah it is pretty boring, but i like being alone.

ella: me too, but i like being around people sometimes too.

why is she so cute?

michael: why are you homeschooled? i hope that wasn't too personal of a question.

ella: haha, no. um. i- i got really bullied, so my parents um decided to put me in homeschooling.

she sounded unsure in her answer, but i didn't want to assume anything.

michael: i'm sorry that you got bullied, you seem like a great person.

ella: why are you homeschooled?

michael: my doctor thought it was a good idea. i have really bad anxiety plus panic attacks, and i would have terrifying panic attacks at school. so i was just put in homeschooling.

ella: i'm sorry. i know how you feel though, i constantly overthink and have anxiety.

she gets it.

michael: let's overthink together then!

ella: if i get to overthink with you, then i'm in.

ella then started coughing really hard, and at one point the coughing noise faded away. i assume she was holding the phone away from herself.

michael: ella? are you okay?

ella: i have to go, i'm sorry. i'm just really tired and f-feel sick. bye michael.

she hung up quickly. i felt confused. her coughing was really heavy and strong, but i'm sure she's okay. i hope i talk to her soon. talking to her numbs the sadness and thoughts taking over my brain.

o·ver·think

ˌōvərˈTHiNGk/

verb

think about (something) too much or for too long.

"must you overthink every relationship?"

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

hOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS UPDATE AND MICHAEL IS SO SWEET AND CUTE and idk the thing with ella was weird but i love her character so much too ok so you guys should comment and let me know your opinions on this ok ily bye