Chapter 1

It was a foggy night in Chicago, as I sat on my couch read one of my favorite books The Great Gatsby. Then I heard my phone ringing. I look over and see the caller idea

Blocked Number

Who the bloody hell would I have blocked? I thought flipping it open.

"Who is this?" I say into the phone as I put down my book.

"I am surprised you don't know who this is Saf." A British voice says

"Niklaus. What a surprised." I say flatly. "What do you want you bloody wanker?"

"I am in Chicago and I was wondering if we could talk?" Nik says

"So you can put a dagger through my heart?"

"Well open your door and find out." He says hanging up the phone.

I walk to my door and open it to see my dear brother standing there with his signature smirk.

"What the bloody hell." I say with blank stare.

"I was in town and want to say hi to my baby sister." He said waltzing in, "Nice place you have."

"I know, I designed the whole apartment from scratch." I say closing my door.

"So can I get a hug Saf?"

"Are you going to stab me and put me in a coffin?"

"You will be happy to know that I will not be putting you in a coffin!" He says hopping onto my white couch.

"So then why dear brother are you here?" I say pushing his feet off my couch.

"Can't I come by and say hi to my sister?"

"I could have if it was 60 years ago and I still held out hope for our family, but that was a long time ago Niklaus."

"Wow " Niklaus says ". You really are angry. Do you want to know how are siblings are?"

"Let me guess you finally found 'lijah and put him in a coffin, leaving me the only one you don't have in collection."

"I do have Elijah but I let you know that I plan to wake up dear Rebekah."

"Yay when?" I say still opposite picking up my book again.

"Well I technically already pulled out the dagger but I thought you might want to be their with me to greet her."

"What's the catch?"

"Well I have an old friend of ours with us."

"Who?"

"Do you remember a certain Stefan Salvatore?" He says with a smirk.

"Ah yes the baby vamp that Rebekah was really into back in the 20's. Never understood that."

"So you in?"

"Sure, let me change." I say looking down at my sweatpants and tank top.

"Maybe." He say with a smirk

"Should I pack a bag?" I say from my closet.

"Why?"

"Because knowing this family, I will be dragged into its shit again so I would like some of my clothes." I say coming out with two suitcases in hand and passing them to Nik.

"You ready to be with family again?"

"Nik, let me put it this way, I just wanted to be with my family. Your drama is what kept me away."