Chapter 11

I wake up the next day to find Kol of all people sitting on my bed reading one of my books.

"Oh look Sleep Beauty is finally up," Kol say.

"What time is it?" I say sitting up realizing I am still in my dress.

"8:00, but don't worry you're still better than Bekah, she didn't come at all last night."

"How bad is the damage?" I say get off my bed.

"Well, Mother is pissed at me And Bekah. I don't know about you. Now go get in the shower and come down stairs," Kol say before getting off my bed and leaving.

I jump in the shower and throw on a simple burgundy shirt with some black jeans and a leather jack.

I head down to find Nik sitting on couch drawing something in his sketchbook

I head down to find Nik sitting on couch drawing something in his sketchbook. Elijah was look at something over at one of the tables.

I give a slight cough causing Elijah to look up but I got no response out of Nik.

"Nik, I wanted to say sorry for what I said last night," I utter. "I was upset and when I am upset I really don't think straight when I get angry and then my anger turns into frustration and the the frustration turns into me crying like a baby which in-turn causes me freaking out which starts me into a cycle of uncontrollable rage and sadness and ..." I ramble

"Ok, we get it," Nik say smirking. "I remember what happened in 1914. Sit down before you start freaking out again. I forgive you."

I move over to what Elijah is look at. "Is that sage?"

"Yes, Mother was doing a privacy spell last night."

"That's not concerning at all," I say sarcastically.

"What's no concerning at all?" Kol say walking into the room.

"Mother, doing a privacy spell when she talked got the doppelgänger last night," Elijah says.

"She up to something but I not interested right because our dear sister Rebekah just walked in," Kol says facing towards the door. "Well, well, well, there's our girl!" Kol says block Bekah's exit.

"Get out of my way, Kol," Rebekah says.

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Kol teases

"Kol, play nice," I say trying to defend my sister.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," Rebekah says causing Nik to smirk.

"Don't start, Nik!"

"I didn't say anything," Nik says.

"I'm bored," Kol says "Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"You always need entertainment," I comment.

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it," Nik says

Obviously not satisfied with that answer, Kol say, "It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date," Nik says

"Nik," I warn

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in," Bekah says.

"Just like you, Bekah," Kol comment with gets him one of Bekah's heels thrown at him.

"Safiya, I know you wouldn't enjoy but will you please go with them?" Elijah asks.

"Yay, I'll go, we don't need an 1821 repeat," I say.

"Weren't you the one who caused that?" Bekah asks.

"I blame Elijah," I say before chasing after my brothers.

We go to the Mystic grill, to overhear people talking about some random murders.

Nik then says, "Oh come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large. Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam, right Kol, Safiya?"

"Right," Kol responds

"Speak for yourselves, I am just here to make sure you two idiots don't do stupid stuff."

"Ok and why are you the best option? Last night you had a mental breakdown just because some baby vamp snapped my neck."

"First off not why I had a break down, and second there was no other option. Finn probably off with mother doing who knows what and Elijah is trying to stop mother most likely nefarious plan and Rebekah is probably helped by doing the dirty work leaving me the only option."

"Ok, on that note who wants shots?" Nik asks.

The three of us kept taking shot after shot until the blonde, Caroline, came inside.

"I remember her from last night. She looks like a tasty little thing." Kol says

Nik then responds saying, "Say another word and I'll tear out your liver. Caroline!"

"Oh, it's you." Caroline says

"Join us for a drink?" Nik asks

"Mmm, I'd rather die of thirst. But thanks." The blonde responds.

"Good choice darling," I say as she leaves.

"Isn't she stunning?"

"She certainly looks good walking away from you."

This causes me to gag, "Why do men see all females as objects."

Ignoring my comment, Nik says, "I'll take that as a challenge." Then Nik goes and chases after the blonde.

I then turn to my twin and say, "Why do you egg him on? We both know the outcome, you ending up in a coffin, remember the last time you took it too far in 1821 with Marcel."

"Ok but I think you and Elijah are to blame because you both know how I get."

"Yes, and again don't be stupid," I say get myself and shot.

"Well while you drink your emotions away I am going to see if I can get snack," Kol says moving towards one of randos talking about the murders earlier.

As he did that the second one, the male, came up to me. "No what is a lovely young lady doing  hanging out with a dick like that?"

"We that dick is my twin brother mate. Now I feel like you know that, so I am guessing you know what we are and because you have an actual heart beat I am guessing your human, so with that conclusion, you must know Elena Gilbert."

"Some detective you are Miss..."

"Mikealson, Safiya Mikealson."

"Oh yay I heard about, you saved Elena's life from your sister. Lovely to you, I'm Alaric Saltsman. I am so sorry that we had to meet under these circumstances."

"What?" I say as I feel a sharp pain in my chest.