Chapter 7

The dinner continued with very little excitement which bored me so I stood up to leave.

"Safiya, where are you going?" Elijah asked.

"I'm bored, dear brother so I going to go. Call me if there is a fight."

I walk outside to find nothing.

"Wow, Nik you choose a boring location to put a house."

After I went back inside and went up to my room to continue my book. I almost finish it when I start to smell blood.

I walk down to find Nik sucking on some girl's neck and Stefan just watching.

"What the bloody hell, Nik."

"Safiya, how lovely for you to come back down I was just offering Stefan here a drink."

"Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother," Stefan says obviously not amused with Nik's antics.

"Oh no, you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame." Nik says as my brother and Damon re-enter.

"What do you say, Klaus?" Damon says, "It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter."

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?"

"My God Nik, you really want to make this girl's life a tragedy," I say.

"Matt Donovan? Really?" Damon says not amused.

"Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

"Nik you could at least find the girl someone with potential," I say trying to help the doppelgänger.

"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?" Stefan says

"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her." Nik says, "So, what do you say Stefan, hmm? Do we have a deal?"

"What are you doing?" Damon says while Stefan and Nik start to shake hands.

"Nice try, Klaus. But no deal." Stefan says

This of course sets Nik off. He breaks Stefan's arm and leg and put his arm into the fire. Damon then tries to help his brother so I stop and pin him to the wall.

"What are you doing? Stop!" Damon says struggling against me.

"Damon, sweetie, I am much older than you and my temper is worst than Rebekah or Nik, so please don't make me rip off your pretty little head."

"Safiya please stop flirting. Now, Damon bring me my coffin before I burn him alive."

"I'll get it."

"Go with him, Elijah. You keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to you and I will hand over our family."

My brother and Damon then leave the room with Nik still burning Stefan's arm.

"Go ahead and kill me. I know you'll do it when he brings the coffin," Stefan says

Nik then pull Stefan's arm out of the fire and says, "You really have given up, haven't you? Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?"

Elijah and Damon then re-entered the room with a servant carrying a silver tray.

"Elijah...why haven't you left?" Nik asks

"Where are your manners, brother? We forgot dessert," Elijah says pulling off the cover to the tray.

I then see two daggers sitting there.

This spooks Nik and He says, "What have you done?"

"What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now." Elijah says.

I then see a figure appear from behind Elijah to reveal my twin.

"Kol." Me and Nik both say

"Long time, siblings."

"Finn, don't!" Nik says as my eldest brother reveals himself and stabs Nik

"Rebekah!" Nik says as he tries to get way

Of course, his efforts we futile and Bekah stabs him again.

"This is for our mother."

Kol then restrains Nik while I say to the Salvatores, "Unless you both want to be caught in the crossfire, I would leave, now!"

They quickly leave the room leaving only my siblings and myself in the room.

"I like what you've done with the new place, Nik." Rebekah says throwing a vase and smashing it.

"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." Nik says almost sounding like he was pleading.

"Well you're right, none of us will be," I say standing with all my siblings across from Nik.

"You're staying behind." Finn says.

"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone. Always and forever." Rebekah says

"Rebekah," I say trying to protect the innocent doppelgänger.

"Saf."

"If any of you run, I will hunt all of you down." Nik says ignoring our spat.

"Then you'll become everything you hate. Our father." I say

"I'm a hybrid! I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you." Nik shouted

"You will when we have that coffin," Elijah says.

Then there was a loud bang that had us turn to find our mother walking in

"Mother?" Rebekah says shocked

Nik then walks over to her with his head down.

"Look at me! Do you know why I'm here?" Our mother said.

Nik then looked up to at her with tears in his eyes and asked, "You're here to kill me."

"Niklaus, you are my son and I am here to forgive you. I want us to be a family again."