Chapter 11

Edd woke up with a small gasp, looking around with wide eyes. His waist and below hurt badly, and he remembered what had happened.

He had given birth not that long ago.

"Tord?" he called out, wondering where his lover was. "Tord, where are you?"

Tord approached where Edd was laying, holding the sleeping baby girl close. "Calm down, sweetie. I'm right here. It's a girl, Eddy. You gave birth to a beautiful baby girl..."

Edd gasped quietly, his eyes going wide with affection. He sat up, holding his arms out. Tord chuckled softly, gently handing Edd the baby.

"Oh..." Edd whispered, looking down at the baby girl with a soft smile. "Oh, Tordy.. She's perfect..."

Tord nodded. "Very perfect."

The baby girl had round, dark-brown eyes. Her skin was an olive tan. The small strands of hair that lay flat on her head were a mix of a dark brunette and a light blonde. It was difficult to tell what color hair she would have. Edd assumed she was going to have Tord's lighter shade of brown, even though it was the recessive gene to his dark brown hair. If anything, the baby girl already had his eyes, so something on the baby had to come from Tord.

Tord knelt down next to Edd, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Eddy..." he muttered. "We'll stay here and raise the baby. I will protect you from him and keep our little girl safe. I promise- and this time, I won't break it."

Edd nodded, smiling softly at Tord. "Thank you," he purred, reaching up and pecking Tord's cheek. "Thank you for helping me and protecting me from your father."

Tord nodded. "I had to, Edd. I couldn't let him do that to you. He shouldn't have blocked your exit, he should've helped you. But, being the selfish asshole he is, he didn't. I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner and I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit you like I had promised."

"I understand," Edd said gently, holding Tord's hand with his free one. "You're here now and that's all that matters. Your presence is all I need and your fatherly figure is all she needs-" He glanced down at the baby girl as he said this. "-and all the matters is that you're with me and you will protect us. I trust you, Tord, and I know you won't break my trust."

Tord let out a small, quiet purr, a sound Edd hadn't heard from him for a long time. He smiled, nuzzling Tord and scooting closer to him, laying his own head on Tord's shoulder. "You always make me laugh, Tordy," he mumbled.

Tord chuckled, wrapping an arm around Edd. "Good," he replied, leaning down and pecking Edd's head.

It was all the both of them wanted.

Their new daughter, peace, a home, and safety they all needed. Tord was the father, the protector. Edd was the 'mother,' the raiser. And the new baby? Well, they both have to find out by how she is raised.

Nothing could ever go wrong.

Or so they thought.

----
Word count: 514