Chapter 4: Final Decision?¿

Luke's POV:

I decided to call Caroline about taking Michaela in and adopting her.

Phone convo:

L - Luke c- caroline

C: hello

L: hey baby

C: what's up? Everything okay?

L: yeah Umm actually I wanted to talk to you about something.

C: what's up baby?

L: uhh well Ya see, tonight at the concert, I met this little girl

C: aww that's nice. Who was she with?

L: Umm this older boy, he's like her brother I guess but they ain't related.

C: that's so sweet

L: she's the sweetest thing but when we started talking I found out she's had it rough for a while and I just feel really bad.

C: aww honey.

L: they actually stayed on the bus with me last night because we don't have a show.

C: are you thinking what I'm thinking?

L: well what are you thinking?

C: you wanna take her in don't you?

L: yeah I do and I think I'm gonna higher the boy so they can come on the road with me.

C: luke are you absolutely sure about this?

L: yes! And when we hang up I'll take a picture of all of us so you can see what they look like.

C: well, now that Bo's gonna be in school the house will be a little quiet during the day with just Tate....oh alright we can do this.

L: thank you baby, I gotta go now, I love you.

C: love you too luke. 😘

After that we hung up and I called the kids into my back room. "Y'all come here. I need to send caroline a picture so she can see what you look like." I explained. "Who's that?" Michaela asked. "Caroline is my wife." I answered. "So if you guys let me live with you will she be my new mommy?" Michaela asked. I guess she's a smart kid. "Yeah sweetie she will be your momma. And you are gonna come live with us and our two boys." I added. "She won't hurt me will she?" She asked worriedly. "No baby she's the sweetest woman ever, I can promise you she ain't gonna hurt you." I answered. She smiled and nodded. "Sweetie can you go to the front of the bus with Hunter and Vanilla Mike. I need to talk to Matt alone." She nodded and left the room. "What's up?" He asked me. "Why does she seem scared of women?" I asked.

"Her mom wasn't the greatest when she was real little. And when she came to the children's home, the only people she let near her were guys, mostly just me." He explained. "Damn I'm sorry buddy I hadn't thought of that. But don't you worry. I talked to my wife and she agreed that we will adopt Michaela and since you're almost 18 I'll give you a job with me if the orphanage agrees." I told him. His face lit up. "Luke I really can't thank you enough." I think he's trying not to cry. "Hey buddy no need to get all emotional and stuff, I get it. Let's just have a fun day. Oh and I need the number for that orphanage so she knows yall ain't kidnapped or nothin." I reminded him. "Oh yeah duh." He pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to me. "Here you go. We call her Ms. Johanna." He told me.