Chapter 10: First Day of School

Michaela's POV:
Me and Mattie have been good lately. He comes to see me more and daddy lets him spend the night here once a week so we can more spend time together. Mommy got me signed up for school last week and I start it tomorrow which will be Monday. I'm kind of nervous but Bo seems to like it so I guess it's not that bad. Right now daddy went hunting at Black Jack with Uncle Jason so Brittany came over with his daughters Keeley and Kendyl. Kendyl is my age and we became friends really fast. "Kendy lets go play!" I smiled. She nodded so I got up and grabbed her hand. We walked to daddy's closet and I looked around to make sure none of the adults were there. "Let's wear daddy's clothes! His shirts are huge!" I giggled. Daddy doesn't always like when I wear his clothes but he doesn't get mad because he thinks I look cute wearing all his big shirts and sweatshirts.

Kendyl and I found daddy's hunting clothes and we both put on one of his camo shirts. "Let's go show everyone!" She exclaimed. The shirts were a little higher than the ground so we walked down the stairs to where mommy and Brittany we're talking with Keeley. "Mommy look!" I smiled. "Mickey what did your daddy say?" Mommy was giving me that 'you're not supposed to wear his clothes' look. "But mommy I wanted to send daddy a picture. Sometimes he thinks it's funny." I told her. She looked and Brittany and sighed. "Come on Carol they look adorable. I bet the guys would get a kick out of it." She laughed. "Alright." Mom agreed. "Yay!" We squealed.

Me and Kendyl were hugging each other, smiling and mommy took the picture. She said it came out good and sent it to daddy. A few minutes later, she got a call from him. "Hey Luke you're on speaker I'm here with Britt and the girls. "Girls, whose lovely idea was it to take my clothes?" He questioned. "It was mine daddy." I replied. "I want you and Kendyl to put my clothes back right you found them because I'm going on a hunting trip at the end of the week and if I don't have everything I need, you're gonna be in big trouble." He warned. "I'm sorry I thought you would like the picture of us." I sighed. "Just put my clothes back." He ordered. "Fine I'll put it back. I don't wanna talk to you anymore." I yelled. He hung up. "Michaela Elizbeth Bryan! You don't say that! Especially to your father!" My mom scolded. I gave her a mean look before I left the room and me and Kendyl put the shirts back. They left shortly after that. I stayed up in my room after that and sat on my bed. I didn't think he would be so mean about this. It was supposed to be a joke I thought it would make him smile.

*an hour later*

Then there was a knock on the door. "Michaela open the door." My mom said. She sounded sincere. "I don't wanna talk." I stated. "I don't care if you want to. I told you to open the door." She ordered. I sighed and got up to open. It opened the door halfway and sat back down at my desk and pulled out a notebook mommy had got for me. Sometimes writing helps me when I'm going through a hard time or if I'm mad about something. "You better stop writing and look at me." She said. I froze for a minute before finally turning around and making eye contact. I know I'm in trouble. Wouldn't be the first time but whatever. I didn't think I'd get yelled at for trying to make daddy laugh. She sat on my bed. "Come here please." she said in that 'you were wrong' tone. I reluctantly got up and sat next to her on the bed. "Why would you say that to your father?" "Because he was being mean when I tried to do something nice. But he doesn't have to worry about that. I won't touch his stuff ever again." I stately angrily. "Watch it Mickey, just because you're mad at him does in no way give you the right to mouth off to me." She warned.

"Fine." I laid down on my bed facing away from her. "Get ready for bed soon, you have school tomorrow." She reminded me before leaving. I got up and shut the door. This is one time where I wish it was still just Matt and me. Whatever though, I was tired anyway. She had got me a backpack a few days ago so I put two notebooks in it and a few pens and pencils. I left my personal notebook with my own writing in on my desk because I don't want anyone to steal it. People tend to do that. I put my pajama pants on and changed into an old tshirt. I set my alarm and brushed my teeth before crawling under the covers and falling asleep.

*next morning*

Caroline's POV:
I can't believe Michaela did that last night. She was so rude and out of line. She's never been like that. I don't know what got into her. I expect she'll apologize to Luke when he gets home but I doubt she'll do it willingly. Now I have to get her up for her first day of school. I already got Bobo up a few minutes ago. He loves school. I walked upstairs to Michaela's room and sat on the bed. I shook her a little and she groaned. "Time to get up. You can't be late." She sighed and got on. She has beautiful long hair which I saw her start to brush as I left the room. I went downstairs and started on breakfast. I'm just making eggs and sausage because it's the easiest.

A few minutes later, Michaela came down in jeans, her new boots Luke had gotten her on her first day here and a tshirt. She didn't say anything and soon enough it was time to get them to school. We always drive them because Bo has had problems with the other kids in the past. They got in the car and Michaela still hasn't said anything. Luke is coming home later this afternoon and I doubt she'll be much better when he's here.

Michaela's POV:
Mom drove us to school and I haven't said more than a word the whole morning. She said daddy's supposed to be home this afternoon too. Great, just great, as if I'm not already in enough trouble. Mom walked into the school the school with me and we went to the office to get my class information and my locker combination. At least I get out of the house. "Here you go Mrs. Bryan and if you have any questions Michaela please come back. I'm here all day." The lady in the office told me. I nodded and smiled. She offered to walk me to my class so my mom could home thank god. I didn't wanna be around my mom right now. She's probably pissed at me but I really didn't care right now as bad as that sounds.

The lady from the office walked to my class and then left once I found a seat. The teacher was young which I liked and she's very pretty. After everyone was given a worksheet she walked over and knelt down next to my desk. "You're Michaela?" She asked. I nodded. "Welcome to class. I'm your teacher, Miss Anderson. You haven't missed much, school only started a few weeks ago. I just wanted to tell you a little about what a normal school day is." She smiled. "Okay." I acknowledged it. "Well you'll stay in my class the whole day. I teach you everything this year. The lunch room is down the hall and our class eats together. Do you have any questions?" She smiled.

I liked her. She didn't spit while she talks and she wasn't one of those teachers that says a million words a minute. "No ma'am. You're really pretty." I giggled a little. "Aww thanks sugar. You're a sweet girl. Start on this worksheet now okay? We always start with english but it's not bad okay?" She smiled at me and I got a pencil out of my bag and started the worksheet. I had already learned some of it so it wasn't hard for me. The rest of the day went by. Before the end of class Miss Anderson called me over to her desk. She smiled and told me she was happy how much I was picking up on in class and that she's happy I was Put in her class. That made me happy. At least someone likes having me around.

The final bell rung so I got all my things and walked outside to wait for mom. Then I saw a truck pull up and I sighed. Oh great, just what I need. Daddy picking me up when he's mad at me. He came to the other side and leaned back against the truck like he was forcing me to make the first move. I sighed and walked over. I got in the back with Bo and the ride home was silent so much for a great first day. We got home and mom was waiting in the kitchen. I really didn't feel like talking. "How was school?" Mom asked. "It was good. I like my teacher." I replied. "That's good baby. I'm glad you had a fun first day."

"Don't call me baby. Don't call me anything. I don't even wanna be around you right now or talk to you." I scolded and ran upstairs to my room. I was trying not to cry but I couldn't hold it in. I just let the tears fall. I laid on my bed and cried. Why does this always happen. Even Matt laughed as he told me a while back that I cry a lot but what can I say? Girls get emotional.