Fall Out | Pathetic - Part 3

Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I said not leaving my eyes from the contract I'm reviewing.

"Ms. Lisa I just want to inform you that there's a change of plan regarding your meeting to Ms. Kang. Instead of her, she will send one of her trusted architects. Her secretary mentioned that Ms. Kang already knew that this deal will be closed so instead of wasting time, she will send her architect to get down to business as soon as possible. She also mentioned that Ms. Kang might actually call you any moment today to confirm.

"I see, that's a good news then." I glanced at my "secretary" and gave a smile. "Is that all?" I grinned.

"You're ridiculous. You and your game." Jisoo said while rolling her eyes.

"Hahaha! You're funny though." I said laughing.

"Shut up. I can't believe I'm doing this." She rolled her eyer once again.

"Stop that. I'm your boss remember? You're not supposed to do that." I smirk.

"Funny! You cheated anyways." She said.

"You know I'm not. I'm just enjoying this you know. The great "Jisoo" is now following my orders. So satisfying." I said exaggerating. If you're wondering we made a bet, we're in a bar last weekend having a goodtime. They are teasing me that I'm boring, that no girl/s in that room will give their number to me that easily. I know they are just joking but that hurts my ego. Yes I confessed, its been a long while since the last time I dated. I've been in a long term relationship, relationship that I thought that will last forever. I never imagined that I will be back to zero, experiencing this kind of thing. So to make my squad stop I challenged them, specially Jisoo who love teasing me. I said I'll get 10 phone numbers from 10 different women that night. If I succeed she'll be my secretary for a week. She's my colleague though, so we worked in a same bldg. She agreed and there you have it she's having her first day as my secretary. Ha! Served her right. I'm still Lalisa Manoban. 

"Whatever. Anyway wanna grab some lunch?" She inquire.

"Yeah. I'll just finish this. I will drop by at your office?" I answered.

"Sure. You're the Boss." She snicker.

"Shoo!" I said.

I smile to myself. Jisoo is one my trusted friends. After what happened to my past, she's one of the few who stayed by my side, she and the squad. If not because of them, I'm sure insane now.

I arrived at the meeting place 20 minutes early in our scheduled time. I ordered coffee and check some of my pending works while waiting to the said architect. I talked to Ms. Kang a while ago and she did confirmed that I will meet her architect, Ms. Kim. I smiled bitterly. At first I was speechless by the name, but I said to myself there's a lot of Ms. Kim who is architect in this country. Beside she's not home, so that's what I thought.

*cough*

I heard someone cough and I immediately lift my head thinking this is the secretary I'm waiting. I regret it the moment I lay my eyes to her. Jennie Kim. After a year of not seeing her, she's still my Jennie. No erase that she's much more beautiful right now. Erase the "my" as well. She's not mine anymore.

She seems shocked as well, I'm the first one to recover.

"Jennie." I softly said.

"Lisa." She said as well.

I can't read her face. The moment I laid my eyes on her eyes I thought I saw longing but it immediately disappear so I'm no longer sure if I just assumed it.

"Ahm ah H-Hi." I mentally slapped my self for stuttering. So you're the "architect"? I inquired.

She smiled. "I'm afraid I am." She chuckled.