Go Ahead, Ignore Me

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

"Kookie, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here. Why?"

"Oh nothing, you sounded sleepy. So I thought you fell asleep or something. You're not talking much for today's call too."

"My bad. Er, Tae, I gotta go. Talk to you soon."

"You're leaving this early? It's only -"

And he ended the call.

"I love you..." I added.

I went to our chat and sent him a text.

'Goodnight <3 and I love youuu.'

And guess what, I got a seen in return.

There goes a pang in my heart.

He's never done this to me. What's going on? He'd usually leave a goodnight and I love you text but to get a seen in return is just so not... him.

'I hope everything will turn out just fine tomorrow.' I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

--

The next day (10.58 a.m.)

The first thing I did when I woke up was to check my phone to see if I'd receive the same morning text that he would send me every morning since he's always up before me.

But only my lock screen with notifications from my social media was shown. No signs of any loving morning text.

"Okay, he's probably still asleep. No worries, I'll send him one instead." I tried to convince myself and to think more positively. I mean he doesn't always have to send me a morning text but he's the one who suggested and insisted on doing so. Is he finally getting bored of it like I thought?

Despite all of that, I sent him another text.

'Morninggg Kookie <3 <3. Are you still sleeping?'

With that, I dropped my phone right beside me and started thinking since I've got no plans for the day.

If he continues to seen my messages, why should I do? Should I give him some personal space? Come on, think Tae. What did you do to make him ignore you? Plus, didn't we agree that when there comes a problem, we will resolve it together like mature kids and by not ignoring each other. Jeez Tae, you're overthinking. Just because he didn't leave a goodnight and I love you text doesn't mean he's ignoring you. He probably just fell asleep right after he ended the call. Yeah, he's just too tired.

I nodded as I continued to convince myself to think differently. My heart rate seemed to return to normal from all of that overthinking shyt. That shyt is just too dangerous.

I once again checked my phone and OH MY GOD, HE HAS SEEN MY MESSAGE AGAIN.

"omgomgomgomgomg. Okay chill, Tae. He's probably gone back to sleep because he's still sleepy or he's taking a shower now after seeing my message. He'll come back right at you, okay Tae?" I brainwashed myself.