Practical Jokes.

Izzy

What the hell just happened?

I am mad at her. Why is she mad at me?

I slowly closed my mouth and turned towards the shocked audience. The sir's eyebrows were raised and I awkwardly looked at Niall. Oh how I wish he didn't listen in on our conversation.

The sir cleared his throat and tapped his fingers on his desk.

"Okay... Well. I'm guessing Niall can pass on the information to her?" He looked at the clueless Niall who was probably lost in his thoughts. Nonetheless, the teacher's pet hastily nodded his head with his mouth slightly parted.

"Moving on, the projects are as you all know, due in six months. And may I remind you, composing a movie is in no way an easy job. So what I am expecting from you is that all of you start shooting from Wednesday. Today, you can meet up at someone's house and decide the plot and all that ish," he waved his hand in the air. "And please, no cat fighting." He finished and pointed a finger at me as if to shut me up. Like I was going to say something? I don't give a shit about this guy.

"Uhh.. Are you gonna, like, give us a script or something?" Zayn asked in his thick British accent and the teacher slumped in his chair, mocking him.

"This isn't grade two. If you know what composing means, you would know that you have to do everything by yourself." He said before getting up and handing us a paper each. I stuffed the ink stained paper in my bag and stood up. Letting the teacher exit first, I was about to head out when a voice called out.

"Izzy?" I turned around to see Niall awkwardly scratching his head and Zayn staring at us intently.

I kept my eyes on the ground. "Yeah?"

"My mom won't be home today, we could have the whole house to ourselves so I was thinking maybe we could have the meeting at my place today?" Alone in the house.. With Niall?

And Zayn and Ashley.

"Oh sure. I'll tell Ash- I mean. You could tell Ashley I guess.." The volume of my voice descended as I quickly rushed out of the room.

The teacher constantly talking didn't give me the time to think about everything that happened. But now that I was left alone with my thoughts, I didn't want to be.

*

I looked at my phone again, reading Niall's text telling me his address and rang the bell to an old looking house, surrounded by nothing but gravel, grass and an old shack a little further down.

I guess this is it.

I looked around again before the door was pulled open by Niall in a white sweatshirt and cozy looking yoga pants. He smiled lazily and made space for me to walk in.

Still, I kept my eyes low but smiled back.

The smell of tomato sauce greeted me and I instantly felt comfortable... And hungry.

My face lit up with a smile and I turned to look at Niall who just turned around after shutting the door.

"You made spaghetti?!" I almost yelled in excitement. In the process, my books slipped out of my hand but Niall's quick reaction saved them before they hit the ground and he smiled cheekily at me.