Banging.

Izzy

"I still can't believe it.."

It was dark and cold, hence Ashley and I were snuggled up in her warm duvet when my voice broke the comfortable silence.

"What?" She croaked, probably about to sleep when I awoke her.

"I can't believe he hit me.." I said as I stared at the pink wall in front of me.

She sighed.

"He's a jerk."

"No one has ever hit me after.. that. It really hit a nerve. Boys usually hit on me," I said truthfully, ignoring her comment.

She sighed again and I sunk deeper into the duvet. Damn, I gotta ask her where she got this thing.

"What are you thinking?" she asked.

"Just.. things." I said shortly and turned to face her.

"Tell me exactly what happened? Like, when I passed out."

"Well, you were bleeding and stuff and then you passed out. When I told Zayn he offered to carry you to the office and also apologized. On the way, Niall saw us and said he had enough of his behaviour so he carried you to his car and we drove here. I took care of your wounds, he left, you slept and here we are," she said and took a long breath.

"What else trouble did Zayn cause?"

"Donno. Now go to sleep," I could sense the sleepiness in her voice but I had too much in my head to fall asleep.

I thought of lighting a cigarette outside but Ashley was not completely asleep and she would know if I got off the bed. And man did she hate smoking.

Trying to clear my mind, I surprisingly succeeded and was a about to slip into a beautiful and deserving sleep until-

"Shit."

"What?" I croaked like she did earlier. Now I know how it feels to be awoken just as you were about to fall asleep.

"Your mom. We didn't tell anyone we were leaving and the school must have called your mom. Iz, she's gonna flip," usually, a statement like that would have me wide awake but I was too tired to think of anything right now.

So all that left my mouth was, "We'll deal with that in the morning."

And those were the last words spoken that night.

------------------------------------------------

"Turn that off," someone groaned, but my eye lids were too heavy to open see who it was.

"Turn it off," she groaned again and I could make that voice out as Ashley's.

"Turn what off?" I asked as I slowly sat up and squinted at the sunlight.

Now that I was awake, yesterday's events came flooding back to me and I groaned as I remembered I had to deal with my mother today.

"Turn what-" I began to ask again but a brisk knock at the door cut me off.

Oh, she must have thought that the knocking was the sound of my alarm.

Not wasting any time, I swiftly got up and jogged to the door.

Just as the person was about to knock again, I swung it open which revealed Mom, I mean Ms.Tisdale, I call her mom because me and Ashley grew up together and she's like a mother to me... she was standing there clad in a short white dress and heels. Her hair was done perfectly and her warm smile was sketched onto her makeup caked face.