Chapter 47

"I want to go home."

"It's too risky." T'challa shakes his head softly. "You give off a signature that makes it easy to find you. And this is twice this happens."

"A signature?" Thor's head snaps up at us as he and Rocket are walking through the meeting area. He eyes me for a moment. "I thought you were given the necklace too."

"I-I was." My cheeks heat up all flustered from being acknowledged by him.

It's not his looks or charm that get to me. It's the fact that he's not from Earth. Rocket and I had a long conversation about Thor and I guess I've become a fan of his.

"Here, show me."

Thor squares up to me and reaches towards my throat. I don't know whether to flinch away or sit still. Both a flash of fear and excitment running through my body.

I freeze up as Thor's finger brush against my skin. He towers above me. Rocket said Thor had let himself go after the Infinity war, but that he was working on it. He doesn't look like he has anything soft about his body anymore.

"Nice necklace." He comments, untying the other and studying it. "But this one is the one I'm looking for."

He walks towards the door and I stand stunned before following. "Hey! What are you doing?"

He steps out in the yard by the runway and holds up the crystal, replying; "I'm charging it."

A small bolt of lightning comes out of nowhere, zaping the dark, cloudy stone.

It becomes crystal clear.

"Here." He hands it to me carefully. "It's hot. Don't put it on until it cools."

"What does it do?" I ask, following him back inside. Rocket's talking to Doctor Strange and T'challa, and Peter's just watches curiously. "Do I need to do that?"

"It's gonna act as a sort of cloak. It counters the energy radiating off of you to both keep it concentrated inside you and keep you hidden. And yes. When it starts going dark just put it in your hand focus your energy into it." Thor explains with a charming smile. "You know; my mother gave me that to give to a special someone."

"You thought I was special before you even met me?" I ask, tilting my head with a little bit of a teasing smirk.

"You were made by a dying star. My planet was a dying star." He gives me a smirk back, but there's a sadness behind it.

"Not the same star though..." I raise an eyebrow, swinging the necklace at my side idley.

"No." He chuckles. "Not the same star. And now you can go home."

"No. Not until the threat's dealt with." Doctor Strange shakes his head sternly.

"You just said she couldn't go home because of her signature." Thor stands by my side, confused. "I fixed that problem and now you give another excuse."

Peter grabs my hand, squeezing it lightly. "Baby, if staying here is safer than maybe we should..."

"What're you talking 'bout dude? You're supposed to be on her side." Rocket crosses his arms, obviously upset. "That girl's a badass. She faced that crazy alien guy by herself. Without her bird-wings."

I know Peter wants to counter. Add that I almost died like twice and I would've been doomed if he wasn't there. But he just locks his jaw, looking away pitifully.

"We can't keep disapearing on May." I sigh. "Especially you."

"Aunt May'll understand."

"She will. But I don't wanna stay here. It's too quiet." I continue. "It's a nice place to come to visit. But staying more than a few weeks leaves me bored to death."