Chapter 61

I nearly jump out of my skin when I feel movement, but find that it's only Peter.

"I'm sorry, Aster. I didn't want to wake you up; it just got super quiet all of a sudden and I was gonna go check it out-"

I lean up, kissing him and cutting him off. "It's okay."

I sit up, aching everywhere, to allow Peter to check it out by the bars.

"The halls are still dark and empty." He mutters.

He whispers frustratedly that Karen's having a hard time to get in. Into what, it takes me a moment to remember.

My fingers itch, the tips glowing softly.

I pull a glove off and tuck it in my pocket. I struggle to my feet and stumble to the door, drawing the same symbol I did last time to escape.

Sparks fly and Peter grabs me, shielding me from them as the lock explodes like a firework went off inside.

He sweeps me off my feet after testing the door. It opens with a screetch.

"Good job, baby." He mumbles to me, carrying me out.

"Go that way." I point. "There's a stair-case somewhere that way."

"Ok."

I tense when there's sharp shouting. We've been spotted.

Peter hits a split in the hallway; going left. He finds the stairs, puts me on my sensitive feet and shoots a web to the very top.

"Hold on."

We shoot up, sending me through a wave of vertigo and I feel myself nearly slip.

"Hey, hey, hey," Peter gently taps my cheek, getting me to focus on him as we reach the top. "Hey, you gotta stay with me, gorgeous."

I try to shake it out. Peter and I both raise our hands at the same time and I freeze a bullet mid air; a sudden rage running through my veins.

"Brisban." I push myself off Peter, everything stabilizing for the moment. "Jacob Darren Brisban. Haven't you learned your lesson about playing with guns?"

I turn the bullet and propel it right past Brisban's head.

He cocks the gun again and aims as I slowly walk forward; holding my glowing hand up.

He stares at it.

"Lower the gun, Brisban." My nose crinkles. "Do it now."

He lowers it, going into a trance.

"I want you to walk your ass down to the police station and confess to committing all thirteen hits." I grab his arm and mark his arm. Instead of disapearing, the mark burns there. "You'll forget both my and Spider-man's private identities."

I let him go and he stares blankly at us before disapearing.

"Wow... That was cool." Peter says, touching my shoulder.

"Let's get out of here." I reply, holding onto the adrenaline rush and sudden burst of energy.

We run through the compound. Peter uses the rest of his webs and curses himself as we make it to the roof.

"Shit. What do we do?" Peter paces. "They're coming. Karen; anyone who can help?"

I feel the adrenaline and energy sapping and I sink down.

"No! What?! You can't be serious! No one's at Stark Industries right now?!" He shouts in frustration. "What about Happy?!"

As Peter argues with his A.I., I fight unconsciousness again. I fight the pain riddling my body.