Chapter 9 - Lies

It's been weeks since the hospitalization if Chen. And since then, he still can't remember a piece of his lost memories.

Xiumin had an idea, 'What if I bring him to the Amusement Park, the Café and the beach?'

"Good idea!" Xiumin whispered.

Xiumin was about to wake Chen up when he was awed by the boy's face. 'He looks so beautiful when he's asleep… What are you thinking?' Xiumin frustratedly thought.

"Chen." Xiumin softly called Chen's name and lightly shook the latter's body. And in no time, Chen opened his eyes and an image flashed.

The image Chen saw is  when he was about to kiss someone but he can't determine who was it.

Xiumin saw Chen who was massaging his temple.

"Are you okay Chen?" Xiumin worriedly asked.

"Yeah I'm okay hyung. And why did you woke me up?" Chen asked while yawning.

"We're going somewhere just the two of us. So take a bath and wear casual clothes." Xiumin said.

"Why are you such in a hurry?" Chen chuckled while seeing Xiumin's excited face.

"I'm not in a hurry but please be fast." Xiumin said then shooed him.

"Okay okay!" Chen grumpily stood up and showered.

--

"So where are we really going?" Chen asked. He is now in his casual clothes just a polo and shorts paired with white low cut converse.

"Wow Chen you're ready to go huh? We are going in a amusement park." Xiumin said and he saw Chen light up in excitement.

"Really!?" Chen asked like a little kid.

"Yeah! So let's go." Xiumin said.

Along the way, another image flashed and Chen stopped on his tracks and massaged his temple.

The image flashed where he was going in a same way as this alone.

"Hyung! I remembered something! I was on the same tracks as this but I'm alone in that memory." Chen said then looked sad.

'If you only knew.' Xiumin thought.

"But I'm here with you now hyung! So I'm not sad anymore!" Chen said then hugged Xiumin.

Xiumin was caught of guard and was startled. He felt something a bad feeling and a good one. He was confused so he just stood there not wanting to ruin Chen's mood.

Chen was like a hyper kid that is smiling all the way to the amusement park and when they finally saw the entrance, Chen ran inside.

Xiumin was busy in his thoughts so he didn't noticed Chen. He finally broke his thoughts and saw no Chen anywhere.

"Chen?" Xiumin called.

He looked for him and was relieved when he saw him talking to a kid.

"Hyung! He said he knows me!" Chen squealed.

"Really?" Xiumin asked and Chen nodded and continued talking to the kid.

"Do you know him also?" Chen asked then pointed to Xiumin.

"Yeah! He's Xiumin hyung!" The kid squealed.

"Hi!" Xiumin said then looked at the little girl.

The girls parents came and apologized for wasting their time.

"Let's ride some rides shall we?" Xiumin said then Chen beamed again.

Xiumin decided to ride all of the rides Chen rode that day.

Chen was remembering parts of his lost memories bits by bits as they proceeded in riding the rides.

"Are you hungry?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah hyung! I'm starving actually." Chen whined.

"Then let's eat there's a cafe nearby." Xiumin said and lead the way.

A memory then flashed again. This time, he saw himself going to this cafe by himself and the thought of being alone saddened him again.

"Hyung I remembered something again, I remembered going here but like the first one, I'm all alone." Chen explained and looked sad.

Xiumin remembered how Chen was out of place and looked sad that day, 'If only I agreed to him from the first place.' Xiumin thought and was closing his eyes for a second.

"Atleast I'm here with you right?" Xiumin cheered.

"Yeah you're right hyung." Chen said then ate his food.

--

Hours of walking and going around, Xiumin decided to bring him to the beach and watch the sunset with Chen.

"This is the last place for today. We are going to a beach nearby and watch the sunset." Xiumin said.

"Really!? I love watching the sunset! Because the sun radiates happiness and warmth to those who watch it." Chen said and was excited.

Xiumin found the beach and they both sat at a bench watching the sun go down.

"Again, I remembered something. I was also watching the sunset and I saw you in that memory." Chen said as he closed his eyes peacefully.

"What a coincidence?" Xiumin said to lighten up the mood.

The two went home after the sunset and Chen was so happy that he can finally remember some of his lost memories.

Xiumin decided to take a shower whilst Chen decided to stay outside to see the beautiful night sky. That's when he felt a throbbing pain in his head he kneeled down and fainted outside.

"Chen you should take a shower now." Xiumin said and was startled when he saw no Chen inside their room.

"Chen?" Xiumin called and when he stepped outside, there he saw Chen on the ground.

Xiumin kept shaking Chen until the boy woke up.

"W-what happened hyung?" Chen asked and he knew he can remember everything now.

"I saw you fainted outside and was on the ground." Xiumin said in a very worried tone.

"Oh I see… I should take a shower now." Chen sadly said.

"I prepared the tub for you." Xiumin said.

"Thank you hyung." Chen sadly stated.

Chen laid on the tub relaxing himself. That's when he felt tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I don't want him to stop caring for me. I know this is selfish but I need to keep this for myself, for now." Chen said then finally washed himself.

Chen went out and saw Xiumin sleeping already. Seeing him, made Chen cry so he went to his bed and cried softly until it grew into sobs.

Xiumin was awoken by the sobbing he hear. When he knew it was Chen he immediately asked, "Chen, are you okay?"

Chen was startled when he heard Xiumin and immediately minimized his voice. That's when he felt a pair of hand hugging him from behind.

"I'll be here for you no matter what." Xiumin said while hugging Chen.

'I hope so.' Chen thought.

|EDITED|