Chapter Five - Let the Games Begin

Please let me know how you are liking the book!  Always remember to leave a vote and if you aren't following me please do!

_______________

At breakfast that morning Valery was terrified, all she remembered from the day before was Carter saying something about her boyfriend. She wanted to see him, she had to see him. Carter smiled kissing her cheek. "You hungry darling?"

"Please stop calling me that please." She begged as Anika passed her a plate of bacon. She wasn't going to fight them, not when they could all harm her. She took a few slices, and ate them. They all watched her strangely, as she ate. She didn't understand why they watched her like this as she ate.

"Mom," Harlee began. Anika raised her head up to look at her son. "Dad said something about hunting, do we know when we are doing that?" Jace chuckled hearing the boy asking his mother for things he could answer.

"Tonight."

"Really?" Alex asked excited. Valery looked at them confused. A knock at the door made her jump. "I got it!" Alex called running towards the front door, vaulting herself over the couch. Jace, Anika and Harlee laughed, and Carter face palmed. Valery cocked her head to the side in confusion. She answered the door, and let out a soft sad sigh.

"Who is it baby?" Anika asked.

"Max." She said.

Max laughed as he walked in, throwing her over his shoulder. "Stinker." He said hanging her upside down.

"Put me down put me down!" She begged. Everyone laughed, Valery couldn't help but smile as she watched, but she still wanted to be out of this house. She wanted to see her boyfriend.

"Whats up?" Jace asked looking at Max as he dropped their daughter.

"Well I was wondering when we wanted to check on the," he stoped looking to Valery, after hesitation began again, "supplies for the hunt."

"After breakfast." Jace replied as they ate. Max stole a slice of bacon and headed out of the house.

"I want to see my boyfriend." She suddenly stated, balling her fist. Carter looked to her with a growl. "Please."

"I am your husband, you don't have a boyfriend." He growled softly squeezing her thigh, she wiggled from him. "Fine, you want to see him? You really want to see him?" He asked grabbing her wrist, she nodded. Anika and Jace looked to one another, realizing this was going to be difficult. Valery kept eating everything on her plate waiting for him, Carter walked in. Anika let out a soft sigh, realizing she was going to have to clean her floor.

Alex grinned, and Harlee let out a small sigh. Valery went to turn when she heard a thud on the table. She sat up quickly as she looked to the table, her free hand shooting towards her mouth, she let out a scream. Her boyfriends severed head rested on her plate, blood staining the white of the table cloth. "No, no.. No!" She was crying harder, her knuckles turning white as she grabbed onto the chair. "Oh god...you.. you killed him!" She screamed. Her breathing was quickened, and her heart was practically beating out of her chest. Her vision was becoming slightly blurry. She was terrified, realizing that this family didn't only kidnap but murder.

"I did it for you, he hurt you. He abused you Valery. You are mine, and no one else can have you. Because of this I had to do something. You belong to me and I love you. I had to do this Valery."

"You all are insane!" She shrieked trying not to pass out.

"Valery. Baby please, you have to know this place is safe for you, okay. This place is safe."

"No..no..Rodney.. hes...oh god, I am trapped here. Kidnapped by you people. Please.. just let me go and I will never say anything to anyone."

"Stop it." Carter shouted at her. "You belong here, we love you. You will love this place."