Chpt 30: Family is Forever

- Five months later -

The local and national news had picked up on their story, they were not allowed to show their faces or give out personal information but the idea that many people's lives had been lost to a family of serial killers and cannibals was alive and well in their nation. Anika's diary entries were read on new stations, however it had been returned to Valery after scans had been done.

They had been placed under protection, and Asher had been reunited with his family, friends, and Valery. They had begun a relationship and hoped to raise Valery's baby in a world that never new about cannibals or killers.

Jace and Anika were furious, the two had left their children, Valery's baby was their grandchild and they had their family looking all over for them. Carter never stopped looking, he was going to find his child, his wife, and that damn boy. He thought he had learned his lesson.

Valery had the window open to a lovely white and grey nursery, she held her baby in her arms rocking back and forth and Asher stepped into the room, he smiled and wrapped her into his arms and kissed her forehead. As he did so the baby cooed in Valery's arms.

"Safe at last." Valery said leaning into Asher.

Asher carefully took the child from Valery and held them in his arms kissing their small face.

"Daddy will always protect you. Forever and ever." Asher said laying the small baby down in the crib. Valery kissed Asher's cheek, and Asher left the room to go to work. He was trying to live a normal life, he needed that for them.

Valery rocked in her chair humming a song to the sleeping baby, she looked out the window to see one of the bushes rattling, however there were always deer in the area and it didn't seem out of the ordinary. She closed her eyes and hummed once again.

Outside their window Carter watched from within the bushes. "You're right, daddy will always protect you." He whispered waiting for the night to grace his presence, the window would stay open, and his daughter, wife, and brother in law would come home with him. Their family would be together again.