Chapter 26: Deception of Love

If you wanna know what happened to Asher come join my Patreon, both writing corners have what happened, a $5 or $10 tier. Perks of Patreon, you get behind the scenes, can help me with the character creation, help me come up future chapters and get behind the scenes and other book ideas.  You also get thanked and featured on things

That being said thanks to my patron 
TrustSerenity

--------

Alex watched her brother walk in the door as rain began to poor from the dark clouds above, the sound of rolling thunder shaking the house. "Where is he?"

"Who?" Carter asked as he cracked his knuckles pushing past her.

"My husband." Alex snarled.

"Left him in the dirt." Carter said laughing, Alex's eyes grew wide as a flash of lighting lit up the dark house. She pushed him out of her way and rushed outside, her feet leaving prints in the mud. She began to search for him when she heard the screaming for help. She quickly ran to him falling to the floor behind him, his back was covered in blood, whip marks sprawled along his aching body. His hands were tied behind him by his cut up shirt. She held her hand to her mouth looking him over.

"What did he do to you?"

Asher didn't respond only glared, this was her fault, if she would have just let him go none of this would have happened. He was covered in sweat, dirt, mud, and blood. She frowned and began to pull him up off the floor helping him inside. She was surprised he didn't try and run, she helped him up the stairs and he collapsed on the bed, his breathing was normal but he looked rough. Whatever Carter did was bad, and she knew it, she dropped to the floor crying beside him.

Asher looked to her and bit his lip drawing blood, he was surprised he had managed to make it this far. Carter knocked on the door, as he opened the door Alex stood up quickly and watched him enter, as he grew close to Asher the boy withdrew with a whimper. Carter smiled and was about to touch him when Alex jumped on him clawing like a mother bear protecting her cub.

Carter panicked and when to throw her off when she kneed him just right, he crumpled to the floor, she began to drag him out of the room He clawed and tried to fight her off but she wouldn't let go, as she pushed him out of the room she tossed her shoes at him and slammed the door pushing her bed side table in front of the door. Asher watched her with confusion, he was impressed she was doing that for him, she didn't even know what Carter had done, but she was being kind.

"Why did you do that, hes your brother."

"And you are my husband."

"I-." He hesitated, she had just protected him, he knew she wasn't his wife but he just kept silent. "Thank you."

She nodded and kissed his cheek, she let him sleep then helped him into a hot bath. Asher bathed himself with Alex sitting there to help if he needed it. He needed to leave, he needed to get Valery and that baby out of the house.

Alex watched him get out and helped him wrap his wounds. "I hate him." Asher finally said after hours of silence.

"What did he do?"

Asher finally explained to her what happened, she balled up her fists in anger and was furious. "I cannot kill him, but do you know how badly I want to."

"I hate him."

"Im sorry, well...tomorrow we have something we need to do."

"What are you talking about?"

"You will see."

He snarled, this family was insane.

"Oh and we have a wedding coming up soon."

"Wedding?"

"Yes, Harlee and Kayla."

"Oh.. yeah." He said, his brain was fuzzy, everything around him was broken. His family was probably worried sick, and his friends that he went hiking with were probably kicking themselves with fear. Everyone probably thinks that he is dead, maybe a bear got to him. His lips trembled, he was petrified. He knew that was screwed, no one knew he was there. He was afraid, he wanted to cry, scream, and he even was willing to kill to protect himself.

Alex laid him down to sleep and handed him a water bottle, he drank it when his eyes started to droop. "What was in..in that?"

"You need to sleep." She whispered kissing his forehead. He went to stand up when his legs fell out from under him. Alex smiled and helped him back into bed. "Sleep love."

Asher grabbed for her, but his grip soon became weak and he dropped his hand rolling to the side. She kissed his lips carefully as she moved the bed side table and made her way towards her brother.

"Thank you." She said kissing his cheek. "Sorry I jumped you."

"Its okay, I figured you needed him to trust you."

"You went pretty far."

"I needed to assert my dominance."

She laughed. "Hes asleep now, see you in the morning." He nodded, and kissed her forehead and made her way back towards her room, Asher was going to trust her now. After her big brother used her husband she knew that he would trust her, or she hoped he would, she got into a night gown and watched the lighting light up the night from her window.

She kissed his lips one last time and fell asleep.