Chapter 27: I will not give up

Asher woke that morning with a start, Alex was there beside him and he was shaking in panic. Carter was in his head, his nightmares were filled with Carter's face, his voice and rough hands. He was furious that this man had taken advantage of him.

Alex took his arm. "I just want it you and me okay."

"What do you mean?" He asked concerned.

She smiled sitting crossed legged across from him. "Well you and me are going to go and do something, but most of the time the other members of the family like to be there but I think it would be best if there were less people watching you, I think you have fear."

"What are we doing?"

"Come on it will be fine."

"No what are we doing?" He asked pulling his hands back. Alex snarled and grabbed his hands brining them close to her lips and kissed the knuckles. He frowned, she was trying to be sweet but he hated her. She kissed his hand and flipped them over to his palms.

"Don't worry, we are just taking a bath."

"A bath?"

"Just different." She said pulling him up, he could smell food. "I promise, it isn't horrible." He didn't believe her, she dragged him downstairs, his wrists were handcuffed together still. Valery watched him enter the kitchen, as he did Carter stood and Asher hid behind Alex as fast as he could. Carter smiled and sat back down, Valery looked to him quickly.

"What did you do?" Valery asked whispering to him.

"Don't ask questions."

"He seems terrified."

"Don't ask questions." Carter snarled back as he put some more food on her plate. "Eat, it's healthy for the baby."

Asher was sat down away from Carter and Alex piled his plate high and they began to eat. He ate slowly, hoping to prolong whatever plans she had for him. After they finished eating Alex took him out to a barn. He had never been inside it before, but he had seen it. There was a bathtub in the center of the room and he saw people inside the barn. He turned around and vomited. Alex rolled her eyes. "Calm down."

"No you..there are people in the barn." He said. "People, like you human beings."

"They are just animals who want to hurt us. You actually get to help me with something." She smiled and dragged out a women from the stall she was in. She began to struggle and fight with her as she dropped her in front of Asher. "Slit her throat over the tub." Asher shook his head. He realized the tub was already filled with some blood and water.

"No..No I cannot..."

"You can and you will!" She snarled grabbing the knife and his hand pulled him towards the girl.

"No please you can't, " he begged as she forced the knife down on the girl, his hand still around the handle. The women screamed in pain as the knife sliced into her head. Asher was shuddering, he was terrified. "Stop..please no.. Stop." He begged as she made him slit her throat as well. He cried as the blood filled the tub more. More and more blood seemed to fill it, he didn't understand how the human body had so much blood. He dropped to his knees crying, everything he was worried about was coming true.

Alex smiled and began to take his clothing off and her own and got into the tub. "What..why are you doing this?" He asked begging her to leave him alone. Alex shook her head, he panicked as Alex forced him against the side of the tub kissing him. He splashed trying to stop her, Alex didn't bother to stop. After they got done in the tub she tossed him a towel.

"Come on now let's go inside and shower."

She growled at him as he tried to stay back, he was afraid of the body of the women on the floor but at the same time he was terrified of Alex. She managed to get him inside and started the shower, blood filled the bottom of the tub as they showered. He shook trying to forget the women's face.

Two weeks more of hell and Asher was ready to snap. His lips were dry and cracked, anytime he saw Carter he cowered in fear. Despite the fact he hated her Alex was always there for him, she would feed him, bathe him, and help him with his wounds. He didn't want her to do all of this for her, he really wanted to be fine on his own. HIs body always shook with fear walking around the house, he wasn't going to break like the others. Valery's baby was not going to be born here, she would be saved, he would save her. It was his reason to keep going.

She was his reason to keep going.

Everything around him was shattering, Jace and Anika were surprised that he hadn't broken yet. He was obviously harder to control. Anika tried to talk to him but anytime she did he would turn away and zone her out. He knew they wanted him to be a part of their happy family, he wouldn't do what they wanted.

Alex, Kayla, Harlee, Carter and Valery left to go outside. Alex left him inside knowing she couldn't handle him with the others if anything came up. He had been trying to run off every second he was outside. He would be nice during the wedding, he knew it would be better for himself, but that was it.

He sat on the bed and cried, he wanted to go home.