Chapter 24

Skylar (pov)

I woke up, once again no nightmare. Im beginning to believe my theory was right. I can only get those nightmares if I go to sleep in a bad mood. I went to the bathroom and did my thing. Got out and hope Kieran left already. Last night was... I smile feeling my face heat up. Am I blushing? Oh goddess when does Skylar ever blush. I thought referring to myself as a third person.

I creep down to the kitchen. Breakfast was left on the counter. I thought he said he doesn't know how to cook. I thought sticking a piece of bacon in my mouth. I turned around and screamed. "Kieran you really gotta stop scaring me." I said chewing the bacon in my mouth. "Didn't mean to little one, you know your reflex is to scream. Which isn't really gonna help you." He said sitting down. "Better then your 'reflexes', " I blurted. "I thought we were over that incident?" He said crossing his arms.

"Yeah, but you brought up reflexes. Plus mines isn't that bad." I said biting into my pancakes. "Really, cause all you did was scream." He stated digging into his food. Wait did he wait for me to have breakfast with him? I shook the thought outta my head. "Yeah, but did I drop my bacon? No." I said childishly. I really have no comeback. He laugh. Which made my heart melt.

"Today Chrissy will introduce you to the pack members and other things she does." He said finishing his breakfast. Man he can eat. Fast too. He finished in like 5 minutes. That's gotta be a record. I continue eating my food. "If she pisses me off I'm leaving." I said taking a sip of my orange juice. "Chrissy isn't what you made her out to be little one, she's very kind. Just give her a chance." He said getting up and walking to the sink. "Well you believe what you wanna believe, I'm gonna believe what my gut is telling me." I said stabbing my pancake.

"Please just give her a chance to prove herself." He says while washing his plate. I didn't say anything. He turn around and raised an eyebrow up. "What! You want me to lie to you. I can but it'll be a lie." I said testing him. "I don't want you to lie to me. I guess you'll have to find out for yourself." He said leaning his back to the sink counter, while folding his arm across his chest. "I'm not gonna eat faster just because your done. You can go to the packhouse first if you'd like. I'm in no hurry to see sneaky Chrissy." I said now eating slowly.

"I'll wait." He said walking outside to the back. I ate for another 5 minutes.  Finish up, washed my plate. "I'm ready" I shouted. He locks the back door. We walk out to the front entrance. I handed him his keys. "That's yours." He said pulling another set of house keys out. "When did you get another copy?" I question while he locks up. "Yesterday. I was gonna tell you but you were upset." He said walking. I followed behind. "Why?" I ask. "Why what?" He ask returning the question.  "Why would you give me a key?" I ask. "So if you wanna come home early you don't have to feel stuck without a key to our home." he said.

I stop walking,  he just said 'our home', I thought to myself. Kieran stop walking as well. "What's wrong little one?" He ask. "Nothing." I said alittle to quickly and walking pass him. We were greeted by pack members along the way to the packhouse. We walk inside. There stood Chrissy waiting for us. "Kieran why are you so late? It's almost 10:30." She question.  Kieran open his mouth but i loop my arms around his. "Sorry Chrissy we were busy." I said mockingly. She glared at me then turn her attention to my mate. "Well you should've told me. I could've gotten some things done." Chrissy stated coldly.

"Sorry?" My mate reply. "Aww love,  your the alpha here. Not Chrissy. You don't need to check in with anybody!" I said. now realizing what I said. I mentally slap myself, did i really just call him love. I hesitantly turn towards my mate. He shook his head. "Go ahead and go do what it is that you have plan Chrissy." He said sounding annoyed. Which caught me by surprise. Why the heck was he annoyed.

"Wait! Where's Roselli? I'm not going alone." I said to my mate. "I just mind link her, she'll be here soon." He said walking away. He turned around. "Skylar lunch at 12:30 in my office." He said.  "Only if just the 2 of us love." I said while shooting a smirk at Chrissy. "Yes just the 2 of us." He reply walking in his office.

Just like it was on cue, here come Rose walking downstairs. She doesn't look to happy. "Good morning Rose." I said cheerfully. She look at me. "No not really." She said referring to my comment. I look at her and smiled.  "Thanks for being my accomplice. It means alot your willing to commit murder with me." I said jokingly. She gave me the 'bitch you talking to loud' look. I shrug. Not really caring if Chrissy heard or not.

"Oh Sky,  your so funny. You couldn't even hurt a fly if you wanted too." Chrissy said. "Flies aren't easy to kill. But a sneaky wolf... I think I'll have no problem with." I said smiling. I meanb it's true,  I once try to kill a fly in my room with a fly swatter but everytime I got close it would fly off. It took me almost half an hour to kill the dang thing.

"We'll start with lunch. We will help prepare things, and see what needs to be stock up. We will then write it down and go to the market." Chrissy said. My eyes widened. "Wait. We actually get to go to the market tomorrow?" I ask. "Yes, it will be in the human town." Chrissy respond. I smile from ear to ear. I haven't went to any town since the whole club incident.  "Why do we go? And not someone else? I mean I'm not complaining." I ask. "Because I'm in charge of the finances here." She replied.

"We have multiple stores that are own by us." I cut her off "you mean Kieran. My mate." I said. She glared at me. "Sky, are you gonna pick fights with me about everything today?" Chrissy ask giving me a sad face. "Yes. If I feel you are being inappropriate while talking about my mate then yes." I said staring her down. We both were in a stare off. "Guy's the faster we get things done, the faster we will won't have to see each other face." Rose said. She broke the stare. "Let's go" Chrissy said rolling her eyes.

Today was gonna be a long day.