Beware Bunnies

Last time:

"YOKO!" Laxus ran forward to help Yoko, but Kurama's tails grabbed him and threw the lightning dragon slayer clear of the black magic wave. Laxus hit the trees on the other side of the stream and looked up to see Yoko and Kurama on the ground and all the trees that hit the magic wave were dead ...

XXXXXXXXXX

The young man with shoulder length black hair wearing black and white robes had tears welling up in his dark eyes as he saw the blonde man and dog sized fox fall limp on the ground. "I'm so sorry ... I warned you to run. You should've run." He gasped as the blonde man that was tossed away by the strange fox came closer and he turned to leave.

"Whoa! Talk about a head rush!" The startled raven yelped in shock and spun around where he saw the blonde whiskered man suddenly sit up while shaking his head as if he was trying to recover from some dizziness.

"You ... y-you're alive?!" gasped the young man in confusion and shock, but it was clear from the smile on his lips that he was very happy and relieved as well.

"Yeah we're fine. Hey Laxus stay back! This guy's magic is dangerous." The blonde yelled to his companion who stopped after a certain distance with an irritated twitch in his eye. The raven was confused about what this man meant by 'we're' until he saw the fox stand up and give its fur a carefree shake.

Laxus cupped his hands to his mouth and called from his awkward distance, "If he's so dangerous Yoko how are you and Kurama alright?" his twitch intensified as he received only a shrug from his fellow blonde.

"The answer to that is simple. I'm a demon so his magic has no real damaging effect on me-"

"WHAT?! Talk louder! I can't hear you!" Laxus yelled from far away.

Kurama sighed and used a louder voice, "I'm a demon so he can't hurt me!" The young man looked stunned at what he heard.

"Why didn't Yoko get hurt?" Laxus called out.

"That's because-"

"WHAT?" Laxus yelled, but snickered right after.

A few ticks marks appeared the demon's temple as he heard the snicker, "Little brat! You're doing it on purpose!" Kurama bolted into a run and started chasing after Laxus who clearly found the whole thing funny. "You think this is funny! I'll show you the wrath of a demon!"

Yoko sweat dropped as Laxus tried to out run Kurama, "He just can't resist ruffling Dad's fur ... who are you anyway?"

"Z-Zeref." The black haired man admitted quietly and shamefully avoided the blonde's eyes.

"Zeref, Zeref, Zeref ... I know I heard that name before ... HOLD IT!" Yoko's arm shot out and he grabbed Zeref by his collar as the raven tried to sneak away. "Where do you think you're going?"

Zeref struggled against the blonde's hold, "I need to get away before my magic goes off again. It might kill you if you're hit again!" He exclaimed almost in a panic.

"No, if it didn't kill me the first time it can't kill me so relax." said Yoko. Zeref stopped struggling and felt a wetness on his cheeks. He touched his cheek. Tears, he was crying. This was the first time could be around someone and not have to fear the fatal curse.

"So ... you're a demon like him." Zeref flinched as he saw a flicker of pain in Yoko's blue eyes. He knew he hit a painful nerve and felt bad about saying that. "I'm sorry."

Yoko smiled and shook his head, "It's not your fault. No I'm not a demon, but was raised by that fluffy demon most of my life and have been exposed to his chakra since birth so I'm very durable especially against magic like that. You have a curse, right? What kind is it?"