Chapter 8

Xavier looked at me expectantly. He was hunched forward with his elbows resting on his knees. His fingers were intertwined, a pained look on his face.

"What happened?" He insisted, clearly not backing down.

I sighed, letting myself fall onto the couch next to him. " I.. I really don't know. I can't remember anything."

Xavier's face hardened, "Who were you with last night?"

"Adrian.." I whispered. I braced for impact, expecting an 'I told you so'.

"He drugged you again, didn't he? Seems he succeeded in getting what he wanted this time." He trailed off.

My eyes went wide, " H-how did you.."

He sighed, " I brought you home that night Alex. I saw him slip something into your drink. I couldn't just stand by knowing what he was planning. My only regret is this time I wasn't there to help you."

A single tear fell down my cheek. I knew I saw him that night. What I didn't know was he was the one that brought me home. I instinctively grabbed his hand, not knowing how to thank him. His eyes met mine, concern radiating from them. He genuinely wanted the best for me. I frowned, realization hitting me.

"What is it?" He said placing his other hand over mine.

"I woke up here. Why would he bring me home?" I asked, generally confused.

"He wouldn't." Xavier seemed to relax a little. "Someone must have brought you here."

Derek's face flashed into my mind, my face instantly went pale. It couldn't be, there was no way. That was just a dream, it had to be.

" I thought it was a dream." I whispered. " Xavier, I think my ex is in Florida."

His eyes widened, " How is that even possible?"

I shook my head, " It can't be possible. He's in prison, a maximum security one at that."

"Someone must have found you. Did you have your wallet? Maybe they found your address on your driver's license?" Xavier reasoned with me.

Thankfully he succeeded, I started to relax a little. "Maybe you're right. Thanks Xavier."

He asked me a few more questions. He'd dealt with a few sexual assault cases with past students. I was relieved when he told me he didn't think Adrian went through with it. Even with all the bruises on my arms and legs I wasn't really in pain anywhere. Which was apparently a good sign. I was greatfull for his company more then anything. After about an hour of us just chatting and him making sure I was completely okay, he decided to leave. I walked him to the door.

" Thanks for everything Xavier. I really appreciate you listening to me ramble, again." I laughed.

He smiled warmly, " I already told you my door is always open. But in this case, I'm always available if needed."

I smiled. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen off the side table by my door. He quickly scribbled something down, folded it and placed it in my hand.

" Just incase you need me outside of class." He winked.

I smiled and hugged him. I froze for a second, was this inappropriate? He was still my teacher after all. I started to pull away, extremely embarrassment. To my surprise, he wrapped his arms around me and returned the hug. I smiled, relaxing almost instantly. He gave me a quick peck on the check and left.

I stood there in awe, my hand went to my cheek. Did he really just do that? I closed the door behind him and locked it. An even wider smile began to spread across my face. I was overly giddy about him kissing my cheek. I tried to shake it off but the feeling remained. I was actually feeling happy for once.