Chapter 20

We sat in silence, it was neither awkward nor comfortable. I began chewing my lip nervously. My mind was racing with unanswered questions that I didn't know how to ask.

Derek's thumb pulled down on my lip, freeing it from my teeth. I instantly snapped out of my thoughts and just stared at him.

"You know how mad that drives me peaches." His voice was low and husky. Desire flared across his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry." I said, instinctively beginning to chew my lip again.

I wasn't trying to provoke him. I started to get off the couch when he grabbed my wrist. He pulled me back, causing me to land on top of him. I had no time to react before his lips crashed into mine. There was an intense need behind his kiss. He pulled me tighter to him, running his hands up my shirt. His hands were hot on my back. I pushed against his chest and tore my lips away from his.

"Derek, s-stop. Please." I begged, trying to get up.

He dug his nails into my back, causing me to flinch. Tears stung my eyes but I quickly blinked them back. Derek sat up stopping inches from my face. I could tell he was angry. My breath caught in my throat as he spoke.

"Why are you afraid of me peaches? You know the truth now." He was legitimately confused.

I scoffed, "You've killed people Derek! How am I supposed to be okay with that? How do I know you won't kill me?"

"I DID IT TO PROTECT YOU!" He yelled.

I shut my eyes tightly, flinching backwards. "I never asked you to do that."

He gritted his teeth, he sighed angrily and sat me on the couch next to him. As he got up he turned around and leaned over me.

"You're mine peaches. Don't forget that." His tone was threatening, dripping with danger.

He stormed out the front door, slamming it behind him. I hugged my knees to my chest and started to cry. My lungs ached as I tried to take deep breaths. Something wasn't right, my head was spinning. I tried to stand up only to fall to the ground with a crash. What did I knock over? My vision was beginning to blur. I tried to get up but I felt incredibly weak.

"Derek." I cried. Praying he'd somehow hear me.

I started coughing and felt something warm running down my chin. I could taste blood in my mouth, was I dying?

I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I just needed to rest for a little while, then I'd feel better. Sleep would help me I thought, as the blackness took over my vision.

~*~

Beep... Beep... Beep...

"Is she going to be okay?" Derek asked frantically.

"Sir, you need to go to the waiting area and let us do our job." A woman said sternly.

There was an audible huff, then loud footsteps starting to grow quieter. What's going on?

"Sarah! Come here." Someone said quietly.

"What's wrong?"

"That's the girl that was kidnapped from Florida. You need to call the cops." The man whispered.

"Shit. Keep watch on her, he took her out of the last hospital before the cops arrived." The girl sounded nervous.

"Should we lockdown-"

"No." She snapped, cutting him off. "It'll tip him off, we need to do this quietly. We can't let him take her out of here in this condition."