Chapter Sixteen

16VA Fanfic TNB Sequel_Chapter Sixteen

St. Basil's. Russia. Where dad was from. For my seventeen- almost eighteen years of life, I've never seen my dad's family before. From what I can remember, every time we were to visit Russia, something will come up. Either something will come up in Court or there will be problems outside concerning Strigoi.

Hence, not once have I ever step foot into Russia. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that someone was out to prevent me from going there.

Now, my heart beats slightly faster at the fact that despite going straight to the academy after landing, I may still get to meet dad's side of family.

To my right, I could see dad talking softly to mom and wonder what they are talking about.

Behind and beside me, the rest of the guys and Uncle Eddie were spread out in seats, effectively shielding me from dangers that may appear suddenly. Note the sarcasm. Either way, there is no chance they will leave me alone without someone guarding over me.

I can only wonder what dangers are there on the plane, besides it failing to deliver us to our destination and crashing. Kind of impossible that an assassin or Strigoi will appear, if you ask me.

My mind wandered back to the last time I was on a plane. It ended well, considering my meltdown.

People did die. Not just one though, seven. Seven Moroi turned. I am really curious what made them want to turn; they haven't even seen the world, or Strigoi. At least, that's what I thought. I could be wrong.

This time, I wondered if similar things will happen again. Save from the fact that I will find more Royal Guardians, will there be more Moroi turning? Come to think of it, I believe that my parents are keeping something from me. Something about the Moroi turning. From Ellie to these seven, it is kind of fishy.

"Uncle Eddie, is there something I should know about? As in, those Moroi turning..." I voiced out loud.

Chad eyes snapped to mine before meeting Uncle Eddie's.

"Do you know about it as well?" I asked.

Chad shrugged and gave me a sheepish smile.

I was going to press him for information when the plane made an announcement saying that it was taking off, and reminding us of safety precautions. Annoyed, I kept quiet, not listening at all. Not that those two beside me wouldn't know what to do if we were to really crash.

Once in the air and the seatbelt sign when off, I twisted around in my seat and turn to stare at Chad. It is easier to intimidate him than Uncle Eddie.

That idiot. He stared back at me, unblinking, unflinching. He is really starting to get too comfortable with me. I put on my best glare, pointedly trying to get him to talk.

Guess what he did.

Smile.

He smiled at me. Oh my holy magic. I will strangle him if I think I could without raising questions.

Huffing and giving Chad one last glare, I turned away from him. I guess I'll have to get it out from my parents.

The flight was a couple hours, and since I couldn't get anything from Chad to ponder about, I decided to be a good girl and continue reading Rassvet.

Going through facts after facts and basically trying to absorb the encyclopedia worth of information, I suddenly remembered that all the guys and Uncle Eddie hadn't found their element, well, besides Chad.

I thought back to the time when Chad and I had first realized that he could be wielding an element. Practically, we stumbled upon it. I had no idea what I did to trigger his element, nor did he. I guess we have to do the same and experiment with it once more. Hopefully, there will be no more damage to any property around us this time.