Chapter 13: The Sister's Eomeoni Seo-Young's POV September 1st

We've finally arrived in the president's "Safe-house." It's really a cabin in the Shenandoah Valley Region on Old Rag Mountain. Soo-Min is getting better but she's still working herself way too hard. She wont let any of us help her with anything she's like our parents strong willed and stubborn. I wish she wasn't so hard headed it's gonna get her killed if she's not careful. Like it did our eomeoni I could have saved her that day if she had hung on just a little longer.

"You okay?" I turn to see Porce "You've been out here for a while now." I nod a little at her.

"Yea, yea I'm just thinking." I respond softly, my eyes still trained on the view in front of me.

"What about?" Porce asks, walking up beside me placing her hand on my arm. "Come on we're druzya talk to me.'' She says. But I still hesitate, I still haven't even told my sister about what happened that day. Then again maybe it is time that I did, I mean we have a new family now.

"Lets go inside I'll explain there" I say starting towards the door her footsteps following behind me.

We walk inside to see Doryan and Laurens together by the fire and Soo-Min in the kitchen cooking as Xander gets the table ready for dinner. "Soo-Min there's something we need to talk about." I say joining her in the kitchen. She looks up from the pot as she stirs something in a pot.

"I'll rest when I get around to resting for the last time I am fi--"

"No it's not about that; it's about our eomeoni." I interrupt her quickly. She freezes and everyone else's eyes in the room go to me.

"What about her?" she asks me without meeting my eyes, her voice even shakes a little.

"What's eomeoni?" Doryan asks gently.

"It means mother. I never told you what really happened to her and I think now that we have friends and a life and well we kind of have lives. You should probably sit down." As I began to tell my sister about what happened to our mother it felt almost like I was reliving it.

' It was a really dark night. The only light is the moon high in the sky. I was supposed to be asleep hours ago, but all I can hear is my parents yelling about something. I can't quite make out what they're saying but I do know one thing, It's about the war. After a few more minutes of listening, I decided to check on my baby yeodongsaeng.'

"Yeodongsaeng means little sister." I stop to explain to the others. A look of understanding crosses all the boys faces and they all go "Oh" making me and Soo-Min laugh a bit.

'I get out of bed and move as quietly as I can trying not to disturb the baby. I open the door slowly to see that she's sleeping peacefully. Her name is Soo-Min. Eomma says that it means Blossom so I gave her the nickname Cherry blossom. The day we brought her home mother bought the two of us special necklaces. They each have pictures of each other in them so we would always remember each other. I move a chair up so I'm right beside the crib. I watch her enjoying the silence.'

"Aw baby Soo-Min sounds so cute." Xander says nudging her shoulder a little, making her smile up at him.

Porce slaps over the head "Stop interrupting!" she snaps. She looks at me "Continue."

'The next thing I know the door behind me slams open, I turn to see my mother with widened eyes "What are you doing in here" my mother whispers. Before I can respond she walks up to me and picks me up and carries me down the hall to the living room. The light is blinding. My eomeoni puts me down in front of the couch my father sits on. He kneels down to my level and sets me on his lap. I look at my eomeoni to see her watching us with a sad look in her eyes.