Chapter 25: The Attack SOO-MIN

We've been driving for days now trying to find somewhere to lay low closer to Korea's current place of operations. This place is definitely more locked down in terms security every so often we have to change paths due to the security ports. One night Porce managed to find a small house looked to be made in the early 2000's style of Architecture at least by what's left of it says that. She pulls in to a side garage with holes in the ceiling. 'Yeah, we are definitely gonna have to keep a very close watch' We get out the car and grab the bags like we usually do "You guys go get settled I'll check the perimeter. I say to the others go out of the garage and pulling the garage door down to cover the car. I move quietly around the house checking for security ports near by lucky most of the town this house is in is basically destroyed there a few other houses here and there that seem slightly stable but the windows are shattered and half of walls have huge holes. This house provides some cover and from the looks of it were in the clear at least for the moment.

I head back to the house to enter the back door which lead into the kitchen where Laurens and Xander are checking for resources "We all good?" Xander asks me I nod in response. "Well we've managed to find some more canned food and so water bottles the others are looking for some blankets and some cover for the windows." I nod my head staying silent to be honest I hadn't gotten much sleep since we left Russia. "You need to get some sleep." Xander says giving me a pointed look. I roll my eyes and go to check on the others who are currently covering the windows.

"Great now that we're all here." Porce says as the boys walk in behind me "Whose keeping watch tonight?" She questions the group.

"Well you and Seo-Young have been up driving so it would make sense if two of the four of us did it and we should have at least one of our offensive players just in case there is trouble. So I think the best bet would be Me and Doryan we can work out a better route to the base in terms of both security and travel route through the map. " I say simple.

Before anyone can argue Porce says "Ok sounds good. Good night." she says dragging my sister up the very loud and unstable stairs.

"Ok the night guys." I say softly waving them to bed and settling by the window. Xander walks over to me with a look but before he can say anything I stand up to meet him "I sleep tomorrow morning I stay up tonight and help make a plan but if your really that worried you can laurens can come check on us whenever you want tonight." He lets out a frustrated sigh giving me his usual annoyed look. I finally let in and wrap my arms around his middle and putting my head on his shoulder closing my eyes "Good night Xander I'll be careful I promise." I say softly. He sighs softly squeezing me a little before we part away for the night. He and Laurens make their way up the stairs slowly trying not to die.

"Alright Porce left out the maps her and Seo have already marked the security ports that we've seen so far as well as gas stations." I nod taking a look at the maps myself the ports look to be at the entrance and exits of most of the major cities and usually in between each town . So theoretically if we were to enter the city from the side the chances of being seen drop so we work around that.

The rest of the night Doryan and I planned the entire way to the central Korean base with back-up plans, just in case. After we're done we both just kind of sit in silence until Doryan breaks the silence "It's kind of weird how life is now I mean sometimes it's like we're normal teenagers and other times were the rebels stopping a war that's destroyed half the planet. I mean look at us friends and family." his voice gets lower and softly he says " And lovers."

That's when I interrupt "What?" I question.

"What. Nothing." he says quickly I smile at him rolling my eyes and he laughs a little with me "You know when we first met I was terrified of you. I mean I'm still kind of scared of you but more because of what your willing to do for the rest of us rather than to us. I've learned that you care about us which is why you're so hard on us so when I ask you this I want you to be honest with me as a friend." He pauses his voice cracking a little as he tears up "Are we ever gonna have normal lives?" He asks me trying not to break down. He's scared I know that and my brain reverts back to the last dream I had. That's when the beeping started Doryan looks away confused my mind finally begins to catch up as I see everyone else come downstairs "NO WAIT GET DOWN!!!" I scream getting to my feet and jump in front of Doryan just in time for the wall to be blown back into the other wall I here screams and gunshots and as everything starts to fade I see Xanders eyes and my sisters locket as they both surround me with tears in their eyes but at least now I can rest.