Kingly- Mare

Maven fully recovered and he stays in our bedroom for the first week. "Maven, you okay?" I ask while I hold Thomas. "I'm fine hun. Just tired." He breathes and I kiss his forehead. He's been tired for awhile now. He doesn't get enough sleep anymore. He says he does, but I see him just staring at the children.

"King Maven!" A maid excitedly greets Maven. He just nods and we keep walking. He's not himself anymore. Were on our way to visit Cal.. Maven said he wanted to talk to him before he died.

"Maven..." Cal breathes, looking shocked.
"Cal." He responds dryly.
"Are you alright?" He asks, putting his hands on the iron bars.
"Yes Brother. Just wished you didnt have to die."
"I don't have too! You and Mare can change that!"
"How will I trust you?"
"You can keep silent stone on me." He sighs. He'll do anything not to die. Understandable.
"Mare?" Cal pleads with his eyes.
Maven nods and let's me speak.
"Swear to got, lay a finger on me or my children, I will kill you myself." I growl. He slowly nods. "Mavey, let's go." I say, wrapping my arm in his.

"Are you sure you want to let him out babe?" I ask Maven. He simply nods. I get more and more frustrated every day when he doesn't speak.
"Maven. I married YOU! I chose you! So stop fucking ignoring me! I love you!" I shout, feeling tears well in my eyes and sparks dying to fly. "I know you loved me at one point! What changed?!" I feel hot tears fall from my eyes and crackle on my hands.
"Am I not good enough for you anymore?!" I shout. He looks at me with wide eyes and a stern look.
"I know you dont think your good enough. But your mine. I chose you. Do not make me regret that Mavey," I let another tear escape my eyes before he walks over to me. He hugs my waist and holds me for awhile. "Your enough for me, almost too much," He chuckles. "I know you chose me. I know," He whispers pulling away from me. He holds both of my hands. "I'm sorry," He says as a tear slowly falls. I let go of his hands and look at him. "Your not my Mavey anymore," I shake. When I looked at him, his eyes weren't the ones he looks at me with. His eyes are dark and emotionless. They used to be loving and as bright as the sky. I walk out of the room as more tears fall and broken sobs escape my lips. I feel like my heart was ripped in two. And with it, my marriage.  I don't know where to go, so I just walk and hope Maven doesn't find me.

I end up at the ballroom. Maven and I had our first dance here. He was so happy back here, with me in his arms. I sit on the steps and replay his smile in my head. "Mare," I hear Maven breathe behind me.
"No, go away," I say pushing his leg.
"I'm not leaving." He mutters and I send a shock through his veins.
"Shit!" He groans and falls back.
"I said go away," I mutter before walking off again. I see Evangeline and her brother wandering the halls. I give Ptolemus a glare and continue walking. I decide to go to Thomas and Valerie's room. I get there and see the door cracked a bit. I get my sparks ready but I see Maven holding Thomas through the slit in the door.
He guessed I'd come here... God damn it
I walk in, not looking at him and pick up Valerie. She smiles at me as I rock her. "Hi baby," I coo, kissing her forehead. I slowly walk out of the room but feel Maven's hand on my shoulder. His eyes changed, but not for me. For Thomas and Valerie. I'm glad he loves his kids. I just wish he loved his wife. I give him Val, and I sit in the chair in the corner.

"You've found someone else, I assume?" I break the silence.
"What do you mean?" He asks as he puts Valerie and Thomas in their cribs.
"I know how to read your eyes, Maven." I state. I try not to break down, just try to have a normal conversation.
"They lit up for me Mavey. They were beautiful. I havent seen those for me." I sigh. He moves to sit on the bed and I see a glint of tears in his eyes.
"That doesnt mean I dont love you."
"It means your falling in love with someone else."
"No it doesnt Mare,"
"I saw them once after your cuts. It was at the nurse taking care of you." I say, my voice shakey and a tear streams down my cheek.
"And at the children," I add.
He sucks in a breath and walks over to me.
"It means I'm scared Mare. I'm scared you'll wake up one day and hope that another man was by your side. I'm scared that you'll get sick of this and run off. I'm scared you're going to break my heart." He says as kneels at my side. A small gasp escapes my lips as I see his sleeve pull up, revealing a garden fresh slits.
"Mavey..." I whisper, pulling both sleeves up to his elbows.
"You promised," I look him in the eyes and see those sky blue gems look back at me. I lean down and kiss every cut, new, old, healed, scar. I then kiss his lips and hug him.
"I'm checking your arms every day and I swear to god Maven," I say, trying to sound angry.
"Okay Love,"