Cough

Chanyeol coughed. No, he couldn't be getting ill. He found a clean tissue and coughed into it again.

Baekhyun entered the practice room. He sat and went through the song they had been learning recently - there had been several changes since the last time he'd seen it. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just got a bit of a cough," Chanyeol said, clearing his throat with trouble. "Shall we start?"

An hour and a half later, Chanyeol was coughing so hard they had to stop. Baekhyun ran and fetched him a drink.

"Thanks," Chanyeol said, breathing heavily. "It just came over me."

"It's okay, maybe you need to rest your voice," Baekhyun smiled.

Chanyeol saw the grin on his best friend's face and froze. The other boy's almond eyes were smiling innocently too.

In a split second that lasted a lifetime, Chanyeol's gaze came to rest on Baekhyun's pink lips.

"Yeah, I'll do that," Chanyeol croaked, his stare never wavering from the other's mouth.

Baekhyun breathed shallowly as the other boy surveyed him. He was used to his friend's weird habits, but this was totally out of character. "Why are you staring?" he asked.

Chanyeol grabbed the back of Baekhyun's neck, forcing him forward, and pressed their lips together hard.

~~~

Kyungsoo was bored. "Let's do something," he said, tugging on Kai's collar.

"Like what?" Kai said.

"We could visit Taemin. He's not that far away," Kyungsoo suggested.

"Okay," Kai beamed.

On the way out, they met Kris, Lay and Tao, who were going through a dance routine. Lay hadn't seen all that much of Taemin since he'd turned him into a unicorn, but some nights they spent together in the fields.

Taemin and Minho were talking, but the older left as Kyungsoo and Kai approached.