Pregnant

Char lifted herself from her bed with difficulty. She pulled back the curtains and blinked in the bright daylight.

She looked back at the bed she'd just left. Taemin was still sleeping peacefully.

She sat next to him and watched him.

She put her hands over her swollen stomach and looked at the cot in the corner of the room, already for the new baby.

~~~

Char woke with a start. Her hands traced her front before she sat up. "It was just a dream," she gasped.

It had been better than last night's dream, where Taemin had been eaten by a dragon. She wondered if it was symbolic, maybe he'd get into an arguement with Kris.

Char's brother entered. "Get up," he ordered.

Char sighed and pulled on some clothes. Today was going to be boring.

She texted Taemin, who was already up. He replied, saying he'd be busy most of the day but they could meet up in the evening. She thought, then told him about the dream.

Taemin, halfway across the city, stared at his phone. He didn't know how to react. He'd read somewhere that you dream about the last thing you think about - did that mean she wanted kids?

"Great," he muttered. He had a feeling that the fans wouldn't like that.

Did he want children? He'd never really thought about it. What about Char? She'd never mentioned anything like that to him before. They'd only been going out six months.

"Taemin, we're going," Minho said. Taemin sighed deeply.

He thought about everyone else's relationships as they drove. Kai and Kyungsoo - his dream come true, who doesn't want their best friend and their brother together? - Xiumin and Chen, Kris and Lay, and most recently Jonghyun and Key.

They sat together in the back, just talking, but Taemin knew they were holding hands.

"Are you okay?" Onew asked, shaking Taemin's shoulder.

"Fine," Taemin smiled. He plugged earphones into his ears and played music loudly. Who could he ask about what to say to Char?