Homecoming.

Bey's POV
October, 13, 2018

Today is Saturday, day two of homecoming weekend here at Southern University. I am currently driving around in my Range Rover for a parking space. The parking lot at the stadium is full, and I am trying my best to find something.

The campus has been so vibrant and full of spirit all week. Alums walk around campus, reminiscing on the best years of their lives and reuniting with those they love. This was a beautiful thing to observe.

I've never attended an HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities), but just as a Professor, I am captivated. I can only imagine what it would feel like to be a student. I would have gone to an HBCU if I could do it again.

My phone starts ringing in the passenger seat. Monty's name appears on the caller ID. I grab my phone to pick up the call.

"Hey, Monty!" I answered, putting him on speakerphone while I continued driving.

"Where you at? We're standing outside of the stadium!" He yells. I could hear the marching band performing in the background.

"FINALLY!" I huffed as I spotted an empty parking space. "I'm parking right now. Where are you guys standing?" I asked him.

"We are right by the ticket booth. Eve is wearing this bright ass yellow shirt. You can't miss her!" He chuckled.

"Of course, she does —always wanting to be spotted, haha! Okay, give me five minutes. I'm walking up there now!" I replied.

"Alright, see you!" Monty hangs up the phone.

A lot has happened in the past three weeks. Jay has become one of my top students. He kept his word when he said he wouldn't allow us to affect his studies. It may have helped him tremendously. Two pop quizzes and two unit exams later, he is sitting at a 96. I only have 15 students out of 70 who have a B- or below. I'm very proud of myself as a Professor in college thus far. I worried if my successful teaching in high school would translate into college, and it has. Those morning prayers do come in handy.

There has not been a day where Jay and I don't talk outside of class. This has become a custom for us equally. Within these three weeks, I've let my guard down with Jay. Ever since we have vowed to be 100 percent exclusive to each other, sexual tension between us has grown.

I haven't had sex in over a month. I am not sure how long it has been for him, but we've been more flirtatious because of it. When he comes to my office, his hands roam, and so do mine, but we haven't kissed or done anything beyond hugging.

I took out the on-field ticket passes, courtesy of Jay, in my purse and swiftly slithered through the crowd towards the stadium. Once I got closer, I could spot Eve, just like Monty said. This made me shake my head, grinning.

"BEY!" Tamara yells once she sees me approaching the group.

"Hey, girl!" I yelled back while waving at them. Cecil, Monty, and Eve all greeted me as well.

"Sis, where is your school spirit?" Eve eyed me up and down. I was the only one not dressed in Southern University's school colors: gold and Columbia blue. I decided to sport a floral shirt set with white and black sandals instead. I put on a black hat to help shield the blazing sun from my eyes. I've yet to go back shopping at the school store for more gear. I made a mental note to myself to do so next week.