The Promise

(( I genuinely got triggered writing the first part of this chapter. Please read with caution if you are sensitive to abusive or noncon content. Thank you.

-Soki ))

Ouch. That was the only word that Keith could use to describe James' ruts. It was typical for an alpha to go through pain during them, pressure building up in all of their parts and the heat making it burn. But he wasn't talking about James' pain.

It was his own. Ouch was his dialogue.

The scent filled the house, seeped into every corner and came to torment Keith's nose. He knew it was just a matter of time until the alpha snapped and let his instincts run rampant for days.

He was wearing the skimpy underwear James had asked, more like ordered him to. Though Keith was getting a headache from the constant aroma, it wasn't in full swing. For then, James was only sweating. It could change at any moment, though.

This would most likely be their last meal together until the rut was over, since people only had time for snacking between the mating.

He was in the kitchen, putting together dinner. It wasn't anything too complicated, just a frozen pizza. He'd already cut it up the specific way the other liked.

" Jesus, Keith! Are you done?" James called from the living room.

Keith jumped and dropped the pizza cutter, the plates to his left clanking as he was so startled. The other's voice... it was deeper and louder than normal. Ruts were scary.

" Y-yes! Sorry!" Keith exclaimed and fumbled while plating the slices. James liked his pizzas with literally everything on them, so Keith had to put a bunch of extra stuff on it before and after baking it.

Keith scurried out to the living room with the plates, handing one to James and sitting down. He thought he was in the clear, but then the other didn't say anything. That was a bad sign. James was ALWAYS talking, and often found the occasion to do so with his mouth full.

" Baby? Aren't you forgetting something?" James asked, taking a bite of the pizza and smiling at him tauntingly.

Keith thought about it for a moment. He scrambled back to the kitchen and nearly slipped on the hardwood before bringing him back a beer. He always drank beer with pizza.

James took it and unscrewed the cap, and Keith sat back down. He could pretty much feel the heat coming off of the other, and the sweat was beaded on James' forehead.

" Did you set up the bedroom?" James asked, munching on the pizza. Keith nodded while he did the same.

It was fifteen minutes later when Keith was shivering from the cold. Lingerie wasn't exactly ideal to prance around in all day, especially with such an up to date AC system.

He set his empty plate on the coffee table, then covered up with a throw blanket.

Keith couldn't help but feel like he was forgetting something, but his mind was thrown away from the topic as James cleared his throat and gestured to the dishes.

Omegas were responsible for chores. James' rules, though he was under Keith's roof.

Keith shed the blanket and grabbed the plates, going to the kitchen. He set them in the sink, squirting some soap in, putting in the plug, and running hot water. He turned around and put the cardboard from the pizza in the trash, then grabbed the pizza cutter.