Victories

{ I smell tea... a lot of it... }

" This is bad... so bad. I'm sorry we had to see the new place under these circumstances." Shiro apologized as he hugged Keith in the doorway, Keith really having to stand on his toes to even reach him. Behind Shiro, Matt and Pidge were on the doorstep as well.

Lance stood behind Keith and got a hug from Shiro as well after everything. It seemed like a hug fest for a while there, but after they'd gotten it all out of the way, Lance invited them to the large dining room. There, they all took a seat. It was a moment of silence that went by in the room as they all thought about the events that had come to pass in the recent hours.

Dramageddon 2.0 was quickly on its way to becoming a thing as Allura's convention/party or "Alluracon" approached. What with Twitter campaigns to storm the building and take her out, as well as Allura's followers marketing anti-Klance merch, things were coming close to a climax that no one wanted to even think about.

" It seems like they are going to riot no matter what you tell them." Pidge finally said from across the table, Kosmo being curled up by her feet and hiding beneath the table.

" This is ridiculous, though. Can't the cops shut the event down?" Matt asked, shaking his head. There was no way that it could take place with people planning such drastic measures and even attacks.

" I already checked on that...  they can't impede on her right to throw an event because she hasn't committed a crime, and she's also not marketing it as a hate rally. Her followers just took it to that point. Technically they're not breaking any laws yet because everyone has free speech..." Shiro said, leaning more over the table. He knew that he was an important player in all of this, being that he had a lot of influence over the public and money to change things.

" Well... if me and Keith telling them not to go isn't going to work..." Lance began. " We need to figure out a way to keep them away from the convention."

Keith sat there and stared at the table for a moment, but it only took a few seconds before the idea hit him smack dab in the face.

" What if Lance and I throw our own convention?" He asked the group. " That would make them want to come and see us more than attack her, right?"

" I mean... yeah... it's an idea. But on such short notice? We only have a week until this shit-show goes down." Pidge scratched her head and tried to think about it.

" I could probably get this done... I have people in the right places... but if you make the price like hers, you're no better than she is for her outrageous tickets." Shiro looked over to Keith and gave him the kind of stern look only an older sibling could. It was one of knowledge and more experience, and knowing things Keith and Lance wouldn't have thought about themselves.

" That's true." Matt added. " You have to make yours more appealing..."

" Let's just make it free, then." Lance suggested. That was a bold move... but as he thought about it... it made sense. " It would be an insult to Allura, and it would make them flock to us. Win win."

" We have the money for that?" Keith asked.

" I think so..." Lance replied.

" And if you don't, I could maybe help. The venue and marketing will be the most expensive part, so if I take care of that for you both, the food and goodies and other essentials would be on you." Shiro told them all, and Keith and Lance exchanged a glance. It was almost like a telepathic connection had formed between them as they agreed at the same time, and with that, both of their scent glands were tingling.