One

Toni

  Students buzzed around the isles and seats of the auditorium that we were currently in. Girls were in groups laughing, boys goofed around while dapping each other up, it was a joyful saturation of the room. Meanwhile I  on the other hand, sat in a seat in the middle of the auditorium silent, blurring out every face around while I only focused on one. He was light skin, more of a honey shade, with hazel eyes and a striking smile. He had a fade but along the fade were braids that reached to his eyes along his head.

Ooouu hangtime I thought.

He was tall and fine. Also the brotha had small sliver hoops in his ears and I loved a man with hoops. I couldn't stop staring no matter how hard I tried to rip my attention away from him. He captivated me with his appearance and his energy. He had an confident aura about him I couldn't seem to shake. I continue to stare at him until I felt someone hitting my side.
"What?!" I screamed at Nia. She rolled her eyes and looked at me.
"Yo ass zoned out, I called your name like 5 times, Jamar wants us to meet him outside in the parking lot".

Why can't he just bring his big headed ass in the building? Nigga always wanna be difficult.

I smacked my teeth. "Man come on before he start blowing up my phone" Nia said getting up and dragging me with her to the parking out. I decided to steal one more glance while I was walking away, only to make eye contact with the man himself. Smirking, he bit his lip and I quickly looked away, smiling to myself while walking out the front doors of the auditorium.

When we made it outside, I looked around for Jamar only to see him leaning up against his car talking to a girl. Once he spotted us he quickly bidded the girl goodbye and made his way over to us.

"I guess shit don't change huh? Wassup girl" he said sizing Nia up and giving her a hug. She laughed and returned the gesture.
"Hey Jamar, how you doing?" Nia asked smiling at him. Jamar gave her a lazy smirk.
"I think you know the answer to that" he said biting his lip while staring her down. She stared at him with the same look.

Are they eye fucking each other?

I cleared my throat.
"Y'all done eye fucking each other or what?" I said getting annoyed. They both looked at me and blushed.
"My bad T. How you doing?" He said giving me a hug as well. "Fine, thanks for asking".

"So why you made us meet you out here?" Nia asked. He licked his lips and rubbed his face before speaking.
"I wanted to tell y'all ya boy no longer is single, Liah asked me to come over last week and guess who hit" he said rubbing his hands together while smiling. I cringed. I looked at Nia who was also making a face but her's held a look of hurt and disgust.

Nia and Jamar used to fuck with each other by the way, but decided to stay friends cause it would make it "awkward" between the three of us. I'm guessing she still has some type of feelings for him.

"What does that have to do with us, and with you being single just cause you hit". I folded my arms and waited for him to answer. He smacked his teeth. "You didn't let me finish, after I hit the next day we went out and she asked me to be her man so I said yes". Nia shook her head. "Wow what a hoe. Cuffing you just for the dick". Jamar looked at her in annoyance.

"She not a hoe, she my girl so watch ya mouth. Anyway I wanted you guys to come to my game. She'll be there and I want you to meet her". I looked at him.

Do I look like I want to meet this nigga girl? I'm tryna go home and sleep

"Man what? I had plans at home and you trying to get me to come to the game" I said annoyed. "What plans you have besides taking ya hermit ass to sleep" he asked with an attitude.

Damn, he got my ass

"Listen, don't worry bout all that, right Nia?" I hit her arm grabbing her attention. She jumped and looked at Jamar and I. "Yeah whatever" she said uninterested in the conversation. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

You really a sad case.

"Man whatever just know the game start at 7 so I better see both of yo asses there. Especially you Nia" he said gathering his things and walking past us into the building.

This is most definitely going to be a long day.

I huffed and follwed behind him into the building along with Nia to start my first day of my junior year.