Chapter 14

The next morning, I was sipping on my coffee while watching TV in the living room.

I suddenly heard my name being called.

"L/N-chan!"

I turned my head around to see Shirazu.

I smiled and waved at him.

He then approached the sofa I was sitting on.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I was planning on visiting Haru today," he said, "Do you want to come with?"

I nodded before instantly finishing my coffee.

"Just let me change first," I said.

I quickly washed my cup before going upstairs to my room to change.

When I was finished, I hurried back downstairs.

Shirazu was still standing near the sofa.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded.

We then walked into the garage.

Shirazu started his new motorcycle's engine while I wore my helmet.

He then wore his helmet.

The both of us climbed on his motorcycle before he drove us off to the CCG hospital.

When we arrived, Shirazu parked his motorcycle.

After that, we walked inside the building.

Shirazu then lead me to one of the rooms in the hospital.

He knocked on the door.

Then, he slowly opened it.

"Haru, it's me Ginshi," he said cheerfully.

My chest tightened when I saw her.

On the hospital bed laid Shirazu's sister. She has a giant tumor on the right side of the face that looks like a tree branch.

She was unconscious, and had to wear a heart monitor and an oxygen mask.

Shirazu and I then approached the bed.

"I've brought a friend with me today," Shirazu said before smiling at me.

I smiled at Haru.

"I'm L/N Y/N," I introduced myself, "I hope you don't mind me visiting you."

"She works with me," Shirazu said, "We're even in the same squad. But she's way advanced compared to me."

I chuckled, embarrassed.

"I'm a rank above him," I said, "But your brother's really cool too! He's the captain of our squad, and he just got promoted as well."

Shirazu laughed.

"Thanks L/N-chan," he said, "That's right, Haru, your brother just got promoted! I also got a raise."

Shirazu then smiled sadly.

"I'm going to get more money, so just you wait," Shirazu continued, "Don't worry, I won't do anything dangerous. I've got a lot of good friends, they're all amazing people! Urie, Tooru, and L/N-chan even got promoted to Rank 1 Investigator! One day, I'll introduce you to the rest of my friends; they're all great people."

We then stayed silent for a while.

"Well, I guess that's all we can tell you for today," Shirazu said, "And don't worry, Haru, you're still pretty."

We then exited the room.

Shirazu drove his motorcycle to the Chateau with me in the back seat.

I decided to break the silence.

"Hey, Shirazu," I said.

"Is something wrong?" Shirazu asked.

"No, I just wanted to ask you something."

"What's up?" Shirazu asked again.

"Haru," I said, "She wants to be pretty doesn't she?"

Shirazu stayed quiet for a while.

"Yeah," he suddenly said, "Ever since that tumor grew she was worried that she wouldn't be pretty. That's why I always try to reassure her."

"I see," I replied, "You really are a thoughtful person, Shirazu."

Shirazu chuckled lightly.

"Thank you," he said, "Not just for that compliment, but also for visiting Haru with me."

"Of course," I said, "If you want to visit her with me, you can always tell me."

"I will," Shirazu answered.

I sighed; so that's why Shirazu almost broke down when he killed Nutcracker.

That's because her words reminded him of his sister.

Shirazu, I hope you don't take the burden on yourself.