Chapter 12

"Shirazu Ginshi, Yonebayashi Saiko."

All of the investigators were in the CCG hall.

CCG were currently holding their award ceremony for those who contributed the most in the last operation.

The Quinx and I stood on the stage with the other investigators.

We all wore our formal CCG suits.

On the podium stood Yoshitoki Washuu, the Bureau Director of the CCG Main Office.

After he called out Shirazu and Saiko, the two took a step forward.

Shirazu looked tense; meanwhile Saiko was having the time of her life.

"I hereby promote you to Rank 2 Investigator."

Yoshitoki then called out a few others.

"Mikage Miyuki, Tamaki Mizuro, Abara Hanbee, Urie Kuki, Kuroiwa Takeomi, Mutsuki Tooru, L/N Y/N."

The seven of us then took a step forward.

"I hereby promote you to Rank 1 Investigator."

"They got a promotion, huh?" I heard someone whisper.

Yoshitoki then continued.

"Ito Kuramoto, Nakarai Keijin, Hayashimura Naoto, Sasaki Haise."

The four of them took a confident step forward.

"I hereby promote you to Senior Investigator."

"Senior Investigator Mado Akira," Yoshitoki said, "I hereby promote you to Assistant Special Investigator."

"Suzuya Juuzo, Washuu Matsuri," he continued, "I hereby promote you to Special Investigator."

"The both of you and Urie became Rank 1 Investigators, huh?" Shirazu said.

After the ceremony, all of the investigators mingled for some food and drinks.

Shirazu, Mutsuki and I stood in the middle of the room with our foods.

Saiko was finishing all of the food on a nearby table.

"Now your rank is the same as Sassan's old rank," Shirazu admitted.

Mutsuki smiled awkwardly.

"To be honest, I also can't believe it," he said.

I then slapped them both on the back.

"Less sentimental, more socialize!" I said to the both of them, "Share your proud thoughts with the world!"

"Okay, that's just going too far," Shirazu said with a laugh, "L/N-chan, you were really cool back then! But still, stop worrying us damn it."

I chuckled.

"Sorry, sorry," I said, "But the real hero is Mutsuki! He basically succeeded in entering the auction and also helped defeat Big Madame!"

"It was nothing..." Mutsuki said shyly.

"Yeah! You're the real MVP!" Shirazu said.

Mutsuki smiled.

"Thanks guys."

"Now excuse me for a second, I'm going to go and mingle for a bit," I said to them.

I then walked away from the two.

I spotted Urie in the corner of the room.

He was leaning on the wall.

Suddenly, Kuroiwa approached him.