Chapter 16

The whole Quinx squad sat inside a meeting room with four other investigators.

I sat in between Haise and Mutsuki, and next to us sat Shirazu and Urie with a sleepy Saiko in between.

In front of us were Kuroiwa Takeomi and three other investigators including Ito.

"Oy, Saiko, wake up!" Shirazu nudged Saiko.

"Not only was I forced to wake up, but I also didn't get the chance to eat breakfast..."Saiko complained.

"That's because you slept at the last second!" Shirazu said.

Saiko groaned.

Mutsuki awkwardly smiled.

"Crap," Kijima said as he entered the room with Furuta.

"Kijima-san, Furuta-san," I greeted, "Good morning."

Kijima nodded.

"Yes, yes good morning L/N-san," Kijima said with a grin.

Furuta smiled at me and bowed before sitting down beside Kijima.

Not long after, three other investigators entered the room.

One of them has short-pink hair, the other has quite long black hair, and the last one had black hair and a serious demeanor.

The one with the slightly long hair smiled and introduced himself.

"I'm the leader of the S1 squad," he said, "Also the leader for this investigation, Ui Kori, nice to meet you."

The girl with the pink hair is Senior Investigator Ihei Hairu, and the man with the black hair is Senior Investigator Fura Taishi.

The two then sat down in front of the board while Ui stood next to the board.

He then explained to us the details about the investigation.

"Because they didn't eat the victims at the place where they were killed, stole the victims as a whole instead, we're sure that Rose is a ghoul organization that are very trained and organized," Ui explained, "They almost left without a trace, so this will be a difficult investigation."

The rest of us listened to Ui while looking at the files in front of us.

"We need to think about a more effective way to investigate," Ui continued.

I caught Hairu staring at Haise and me.

When she saw me staring back at her, she smiled and returned her focus on her files.

I wonder what she wants...

When the meeting was finished, the whole Quinx squad walked together in the hallways.

I stood next to Urie and Haise while Mutsuki was in between Shirazu and Saiko.

"An effective way to investigate, huh?" Shirazu mumbled.

"We don't even have any information," Mutsuki said.

"Excuse me," we heard a voice say.

The six of us turned around to find Ihei.

"You're all from the Quinx squad, right?" she asked.

Shirazu lightly blushed.

"Y-Yeah, is something wrong?" Shirazu asked.

"Shirazu-kun, are you nervous?" Mutsuki asked with an innocent smile.

I held in my laughter as Shirazu quickly faced Mutsuki.