15

Kali Michelle Willow

One Month Later

"Oh my God Kali you look so pretty" Bella complimented as I got out of her salon chair.

"Thank you" I said smiling my now red hair

"Thank you" I said smiling my now red hair. I ran my hand through it feeling myself I looked good. I felt I needed something different and that's what made me dye it.

"This color really fit you girly" she said as I hugged her.

"Thank you, you really hooked me up make me a permanent client" I said as I pulled out my money.

"Got you" she laughed.

"Alright I'm gone see you soon" I said grabbing my brown Michael Kors tote bag.

"Alright boo" she said and I was on my way out looking down at my space gray iPhone a text from Jay saying he was outside. He was the only person who could pick me up.

"Look at Red Robin Hood" he laughed as I got in the car and I glared at him then pushed him.

"Shut up" I said as he pulled off.

"You sure you tryna come to this cookout with all the homies and errrrbody?" Jay asked and I shrugged.

"Yes I'm a grown woman and I'm not tied down I get a couple days off I want to have fun" I said.

"Alright my nigga but Just know that nigga Mir gone be there an-" I cut him off.

"Fuck Amir" I said and rolled my eyes.

"He don't fucking own me I am no longer with him" I said. Everybody act like I can't travel around Compton or the whole damn California for that matter because Amir be there I don't give a fuck where he be at period. It got silent and I played with my jean shorts that was short shorts. I had a white shirt with black sleeves that read '23' in black writing with my white and black Taxi Jordans.

We arrived at the small cookout it was supposed to be just a few homies for Jay Aunt cook out and His family. Jay had some fine ass cousins last time I checked. I just pray I don't beat Amir ass when I see him. I got into the house and went straight to the backyard where everybody was and I saw Jay Aunt Monica and gave her a hug.

"You looking so pretty you know I talked to yo momma last night" she said looking at me with a sympathy look. Monica and my momma Evelyn are best friends.

"You did?"

"Yes so how you holding?" she asked patting my shoulder.