𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐖𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐬

You thought you were dreaming but no, he is there. He recedes slowly. Your cheeks become red like a Matryoshka Doll lady. You put your elbows to the soft ground, looking to Ivan sitting and looking at you. 'What's wrong?' you ask then smile. Ivan looks stressed. 'Not again, not again.' he mumbles and stands up. You try to catch him but he is nowhere to be seen.  You sigh, pick a sunflower and walk slowly like a zombie to your ladies. You dismiss everyone but Yekaterina and her friend, by wishing good night. Yekaterina and her cousin prepare you to sleep. 

'How is Prince Dashkov?' you ask Yekaterina. She is undressing you, taking your socks off. She raises her eyebrows. 'Good, I suppose.' she says. You put your finger at her chin and lift. She is looking at your face in fear. 'You can resign from your duties as my lady-in-waiting and can return your duties as a princess and a wife.' you smile at Yekaterina. She thanks you and kisses your skirt and leaves to pack. You are alone with her friend. You turn your face to the lady and call her by the movement of your head to continue where Yekaterina left. She leaves the bed and starts to unbutton your shirt. 'You look close to my age... what is your name?' you ask. 'Anna Protasova.' she says. She is shy and avoided eye contact. 'Have you ever experienced... close relationship with...' Anna's eyes are locked on yours. 'Opposite gender?' and you blush.

Anna smiles. 'I am... clueless as you are, your imperial majest-' you don't let her finish. 'Please, it is (y/n)' Anna nods. 'I have read enough books... if you are interested, (y/n).' she says. 'Arms up.' she brings your nightgown. She fixes your skirt. 'You can tell me... like a story to put me in sleep.' you say softly. She escorts you to your bed, you lay and fix your pillow as she puts a hot pot under your bed. She tells stories about princesses, princes, knights, some French classics but nothing of an empress and her country. If there is a lesson to learn about Anna's books, you are deeply in love as those lovers from it. At least you can diagnose your sickness. You are almost sleeping, Anna tries to leave but you hold her arm. 'What about a proposal? Have you read about that?' you ask with a clean voice since you are between dreaming and the real world. 

She comes back to bed.' Well, it is appropriate to man propose but... they take the girl to a more private place, which means to her. The man bends the knee and holds a ring, asks the question and puts the ring.' she says. 'But it only happens in books, I have never seen or heard it is done in real life. ' Anna looks at you. 'You... probably will learn that you are to be married on your wedding day.' she pulls a broken smile and wishes you a good night. 

In the early morning, you are awakened by noises. You get up and drag yourself and your robe near the window. Everywhere is white, covered in snow. You gasp and wear your robe tightly to cover your body. You don't know what to do, go to wake Anna or rush to the garden. You think how she must be tired, so you gallop like a horse to the garden. 

Weather is cold but you never disliked it. You opened your arms and let yourself fall to snow. Instead of snow, you fall into Ivan's arms. 'Dobroe utro!' he says with a smile. Your hair is reaching the ground, you are almost going to break your neck. You stand up and start to giggle. 'What is it?' he asks. You quickly take snow from the ground and rub into a snowball and throw it to Ivan. He seems not to be affected, he strikes back. 'Kyaa!' you start to run around while Ivan is chasing you. You want to ask him what happened last night but you ignore your thoughts. You hide behind a tree but Ivan sees you, you start to use the tree as a block between you and Ivan, as he moves to the right, you move to left. You run back but Ivan catches you from your waist. He holds you but you both fall into the snow. 

He starts to fondle your cheek through your neck, he starts to kiss which makes you tickled. He moves close to you and kisses your lips. You can't do anything but blush. He looks at you, terrified. '(y/n) you are freezing.' you notice that you can't feel your legs and your headache starts to become unbearable. 'I-ı-ı...' Ivan takes you in his arms and runs to inside. He rushes to your room, which Anna is there too. Anna was doing embroidery inside, when she sees you she rushes to nurse you. Ivan puts you in your bed. You fall asleep but still can hear and understand what is going on. 

You wake up at 9 o'clock, one hour late from schedule. You call Anna. 'Please, (y/n) you are still not recovered.' she insists you to stay in bed. 'I have work to do.' you demand her service. Anna and other ladies dress you up and prepare you to a meeting with delegates of neighbour countries. 

'Your imperial majesty, we accept your guardianship over us.' delegate talks nervously. 'There is no need for a bloody war, yes you are right.' you say and smile you turn to another delegate 'Am I right my lord?' you wait for his response. He nods and tells you he agrees. 

 Ivan comes to check you from a keyhole. He sees you talking with delegates and negotiating about the guardianship. He leaves when he thinks you got everything under your control.

When your meeting is over, you decide to walk around the palace. You collect dust from the portraits. 'We need to hire more maids.'  you think. When red walls over with portraits of your relatives, whispers become screams. 'Tsarina is having an affair.' a voice says. You turn your back to the wall and try to not be seen. 'She was running naked to her office at 7 o'clock. When Orlov spends his time.' other voice says. You don't move an inch. 'I heard she asked Anna how to propose.' That's it. There are rats all over this palace and you need to clean. 'So, what are you going to do?' you turn your head where the whisper came from. Ivan is standing next to you.