𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

You haven't see Ivan anywhere. You get worried but you also have serious problems like Prussian threat. You sent delegates and talented diplomats all over Europe to find an ally who hated Prussia as you do. 

You wait for hours and hours for Ivan to come for dinner, but he never showed up. Every day you order your kitchen a meal for an emperor, but it all goes to staff and poor which you weren't sad about that but Ivan. He just disappeared. 

Since the last 'rat' thing, you frequently walk around the palace and listen. You put your ear to the wall, thought today is calm and typical Tuesday but you are wrong. 'Empress Elizabeth had a daughter.' someone whispers very quietly. 'They call her Princess of Vladimir*.' the whisperer continues whispering. 'She claims she is the real tsarina.' you fly off the handle and march to your office. You start to mess your hair. You are sure Ivan is with her. 

You called your footman. 'Your Majesty.' he bowed down. You look at him with your eyes filled with rage. 'Please, call Grigory Orlov and... Alexei Orlov**.Tell them it is urgent and they could bring one more loyal servant of Russia.' you ordered. 

A few minutes later, Orlov brothers with another man come in they curtesy and kiss your hand.' Who are you sir?' you ask politely.  He nods. 'Potemkin... Grigory Potemkin***.' he says. You calm yourself and breathe. 'Are you aware of this... Princess of Vladimir?' you ask. They look at each other. 'Your majesty, will all our respect, So called Princess is mentally ill. ' Count Orlov assured. 'She is gaining power...' you mumble. 'She is getting Russian people's attention.' you bewail. You get up. 'She is getting power, it is a matter of time she will get the church on her side.' you cry, looking at men who can't do anything to pacify you. You glance at outside and suddenly turn to counts. 'What if Prussia hears about this?' you express your concern. You look at Count Orlov, he must stay here, Potemkin is newly introduced to you. 'Alexei, you can bring her here?' your eyes start to sparkle. You sit on the sofa, Alexei kneels and holds your hands. 'I swear your majesty, her last moments should be honoured by looking at your (e/c) eyes.' he swears and asks permission to leave. You nod and dismiss Count and Potemkin. 

You look outside if there is any chance to see Ivan you don't want to waste it. Until Yekaterina comes to call you to bed, you stand there. She is still in her riding clothes, her husband was sent to France so she came. 'How you can have the strength with an empty stomach?' she says. When she places you in bed, she lays next to you with a picnic basket and forces you to eat. She stuffs your mouth with lemon cakes. 'Katya' you call her name. She is preparing the grapes. 'What if someone comes and says she is the real tsarina?' you wondered. She smiles and puts grapes into your mouth. 'That kind of person hasn't born yet.' she takes a tissue and wipes around your mouth. 'It has been a few months but you made a lot of progress than any other monarch... well yes there are exceptions but...' you interrupt her. 'What if someone comes and tells your husband is no longer in love with you but with her?' you ask. Yekaterina smiles. 'Well, I believe me and my husband married for love since I was just a daughter of a count, I would just laugh at her and tell her she is a stupid bitch who fooled herself because she wasn't loved by anyone.' she stops. 'Oh, I now pity her.' you say and you together laugh. 'Hey, do you remember the masked guy in front of the church, when I was crowned as Grand Duchess?' you inquire. Yekaterina shakes her head as no. 

After several days, you decide to walk around the garden because you couldn't bear the thought of Ivan choosing Vladmirskaya.  The weather seems to heat up. You pass the violets, trees and roses to see how is sunflowers are doing. They are the nicest flowers in the garden which made you smile. A footman runs towards you and gives you a note from Alexei, he captured the 'pretender'.  You order your servants to prepare the carriage and rush to the address Alexei has given. 

You come to a forgotten street, full of dirt and fallen houses. You start to walk forward because if you stay in one place, someone could stab you. I need to tidy this place you though. You heard an uncanny noise and start to speed up. You feel something behind you and about to scream when it touches your shoulder but you turn around and see Ivan. You smirk at him. 'I knew I would find you here with your new lover, Princess-' you look around. 'Tarakan (cockroach)...ova' you jeer but Ivan doesn't seem to offend. 'Dorogaya, do you really think Tarakanova could fill your place?' he asks. You look at your feet and lifted your head with rage. 'I knew she would be like, rusty piece of... necklace compared to diamond crown me. I just pitied you because you have blinded by my beauty now you cannot see her ugly face.' you sassed him and smile but you are just holding your tears. 'Exactly, I am here to kill the one who tried to fool me.' he says with a cold tone and embraces you. You gently poke him. 'I thought something happened to you' you mumble. He smiles sincerely and plays with your (h/c) hair. 'Nothing can happen to me... physically.' 

You both enter an old and only standing house in the street. There is a woman, no older than you are sitting, curled and shaking. She has a high-quality red dress. When she notices you are here, she panics and grabs a knife. 'Are you... Princess of Vladimir?' you ask. The room is empty, your voice is echoed. Her eyes are red, bloody. No one would believe she is noble, she is more likely a clown, her red dress helps you to imagine. 'Don't you dare to come closer!' she swings the knife, Ivan holds you behind himself. 'I am the supreme ruler of the Russian empire!' she screams and holds the knife closer to her neck, Ivan closes your eyes. You feel a warm drop on your cheek. You grab Ivan's hand and push it away to see what happened. Princess Tarakanova's corpse is lying on the ground, her throat is slit, blood well out from there. 

Ivan takes you back to the palace. You didn't talk on the way. You order your servants to prepare the bath. You enter your room, whenever you think about her your stomach aches, finally you puked and feel way better than before. 

You get in the bathtub filled with hot water and some herbs that changed the colour of the water. You reach to cup to wet your hair but someone pours water down your head. You turn and see Ivan. 'You really should know how to knock or... inform me before you just appear.' you complain. 'Sorry if you scared of me, (y/n)' he says and sits on the floor. 'I considered your proposal.' he leaves you in confusion. 'What proposal?' you ask. He looks at you discouraged. 'You propose to me when you were drunk.' claims Ivan. Well, that was something you wanted so you won't argue with him. 'So?' you ask. 'What about you get married, have a child then I kill your husband and we can raise your offspring together?' you hold his head and kiss him on the forehead. 'Suprug, you are so clever.' 

Author's Note, since there are some historical facts and figures.

Princess of Vladimir (Princess Tarakanova): Tarakanova claimed to be the daughter of Alexei Razumovsky and Empress Elizabeth, reared in Saint Petersburg. Even her place of birth, however, is not certain, and her real name is not known. She is known to have travelled to several cities in Western Europe, and to have become a mistress of Philipp Ferdinand of Limburg-Stirum, apparently in the hope that he would marry her.

Alexei Orlov: was a Russian soldier and statesman, who rose to prominence during the golden era.

Grigory Potemkin: was involved in the coup d'état of 1762. Also a trusted advisor of Catherine the Great.