𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞

You return to your room to prepare for dinner, then a rushed wedding. 'Prussians have got no chill.' you talk to yourself in the empty room. 'Da, if he was she I would say she is definitely pregnant.' Ivan says. You are now used to it his sudden show ups. 'Hey,' he says. You turn to him while taking your hairpins off. He comes closer from the window and puts a bottle on your desk. You immediately pick and slosh down, Ivan had to stop you. 'Take it easy, take it slow.' he whispers. 'I'm scared.' you say.

Ivan takes away the bottle. 'Scared of what?' he sits on the couch, you sit next to him. He holds your head and places it on his shoulder. 'I... thought kissing was enough to make a baby but it turns out it... isn't.' you say in disgust. 'And, I have told that it wasn't a comfortable thing for women...' you continue. 'I was wondering, can you stay around... in the room perhaps after the ceremony?' you ask. Ivan stares at you. 'Sure, I would do anything to make you happy.' he says but you sense the discomfort and regret in his voice.

You leave the room for dinner, the prince sits next to you. You do your best to avoid any kind of contact. You look around the room, the atmosphere is tense, everyone is ready to stab person next to them with pudding knife. It is strange, pudding knife. Fancy stuff from France, you thought. Ivan is nowhere to be seen, you could use emotional support, and you notice you are surrounded by foreigners. Full of spies and barbarians. You don't notice the prince leans closer to you as you are looking around. 'I hope Russians are warmer in sheets than in dinner.' you turn your head, stare at him and hold yourself not to kill him. You pull your lips inside and out. 'Yeah, I hope Prussians aren't primitive in the sheets like they are in public.'

The rest of the dinner was quiet. You couldn't eat anything, you have lost your appetite

You are in your room, sitting in front of the mirror. Yekaterina comes with a white, plain dress. 'I wish we had something more... fit for a Tsarina, I'm deeply sorry.' she offers her hand. You hold and she gets you on the platform. 'Up.' she whispers softly . You lift your arms. You stare at the door like you sensed someone as she dresses you. Someone knocks the door. That is Orlov, he is going to be your 'father' in the ceremony. 'Majesty.'

You hold his arm and walk through the church that's in the occupied zone, now it is Russia's. He is standing there, the prince doesn't even look at you.

The priest declares you man and wife. Everyone crosses themselves and by the ministers and maids, you are taken to your bedroom.

_Your Point of View_

I walk closer to bed. 'No, stop.' he says. I am nervous and scared, his tone doesn't help at all. If I could cry, I would but I rather stab myself than letting him see your tears. 'Turn around.' I do what he says now I can't see him only the wall and shadows by candle light.Why the hell I am obeying him anyways? Oh, because I'm his wife. 'Chrock' did he locked the door? 'Wha-what are you doing?' I ask but I don't receive any answer. I turn around and see him almost hitting me with a vase. He throws but I duck, vase hits the wall and shatters.He picks a knife while I run to the door, I try to spin the nob and kick but it doesn't open and I fall to the ground because of my cotton sock and the polished floor. He comes closer, I scream for help.

His chest becomes red, Ivan holds him before he falls on me. He kneels and hugs me but I'm still in shock and feel warm drops on my cheeks. 'Oh, that's blood.' He wipes my cheeks and leaves kisses.I look at him and breathe. 'What the fuck we will do now?' I ask but I already have something on my mind. I get up and pick the key from the desk. I stick my hand in his chest and spread blood on my dress. Ivan just looks at me and observes. I smirk and wink at him, then open the door.

All my ministers, commanders, the staff is there, staring at me. 'He tried to kill me.' I say and come closer to Orlov, order him to lean and I whisper to his ear. 'Kill all the Prussians, we don't want the King to know this.'

I go back to my room. 'Hi, guess who is now a widow?' I smile at Ivan. 'Well, we would kill him eventually but I never thought it would be... too early.' I laugh. 'It never early to kill' I pour vodka to glass but I decide to drink it from the bottle. 'I'm going to bed, let the body stay there.' I say and lay on the bed. I fall asleep before say 'Good Night.' Even though it was a cold night, I didn't feel anything.

When I wake up, I find myself in Ivan's arms. I put my elbows on the bed and look at the door. The prince is gone. I look at Ivan, sleeping like a cute bear. I kiss him on the cheek and get out of the bed. I really would like to stay like that, but I have... responsibility to... Russia.

I dance through the halls, salute at my soldiers who don't recognise me, I greet maids and ladies and go downstairs to the dining room. I push the wooden doors. 'Guten Morgen Orlov!' I smile at Orlov. 'Oh, sorry there is no Prussians here... right?' Orlov smiles and takes a sip from his tea. 'A good day.' he nods. I sit next to him. 'So, there is the plan. We will pretend to be Prince Augustus, I believe he was kind of a spy too we need to look to his belongings. Prussia will support us after this Russian-Polish war ends, we will tell them Russia was too cold for him.' I say cheerfully. 'and I oop, get away with it!' I laugh. 'But, if he is sent here to kill you since you are not dead, wouldn't they send more assassins and find out the truth?' he asks. I never think of it. 'And, as my advisor and minister, please keep assassins away from me and keep me alive.'