Free Blood

I reach the top floor in a matter of minutes. Maybe I am getting my powers? The Amazon part?

I peer through the opening in the penthouse stairwell door. Ducking low and sneaking behind a few crew cleaners, I reach the ventilation grate. I try pulling it loose, and sooner than I expected it pops loose. Yep, definitely Amazon. Why hasn't Dad clocked that?

I pull it back on after I climb inside. I crawl through, not caring that the dust is catching on my dress. Up, right, down again and bam. 

I drop to the level the O.Q. is on with a loud ring of metal. I look around beyond the grate and I can see father cleaning the gun of prints and the cleaners dancing around him, cleaning the blood, removing the body. 

I feel a freezing chill I have never felt before. A chill that goes to my soul. 

I see Selina dressed in an elegant Audrey Hepburn styled dress, jewels and pearls around her neck and hanging from her ears. Her silk gloves silhouetting her arms. Ivy walks near her and hands her a flower, a bright red flower. Almost pink and orange if it were possible to combine and separate the colors at the same time. 

"Keep this near you. It'll enchant anyone you want." Ivy croons as she hands them out to each of the criminals in the room. "Gifts of our meeting." 

"Clear out." Luthor demands. "Now." 

They all looked surprised at each other. Ivy shakes her tosses her head in disappointment.

"You heard him." Selina echoes towards the cleaners.

"All of you."

Her eyes widen but she nods her head. 

Without a word the crime lords of times past single file out of the room. Penguin keeps his eyes centered on Selina's back side and in a moment the Riddler bonks Penguin on the head with his cane. He grunts. 

They disappear through the door. 

"You can come out now." Dad says. 

He isn't talking to me is he? I shrink back and hide against the inside of the ventilation shaft. He is wrong. So wrong.

"Torque, get her." I hear him snap his fingers. I hear the massive man lumbering towards me on the hard bright white floor, the sliding of the book case that covers half of the grate. The grate pops open with a hydraulic press. Torque's hand grabs at my legs and dress. 

I give up and just let him lift me out, throwing me over his shoulder.

"They got to you." He says.

"Who?" I say as Torque plops me down on a cushioned chair near Dad's desk.

"Whoever. Probably that Richard or Audrey."

"Audrey?" I ask.

"It wasn't her?"

"Why would it be? She respects you. I respect you." I insist.

"No, you don't. Neither does she. She stays away from me and out of my line of sight, because I know she is just like her father." He scoffs.

"She is a worry wart. That is what you are picking up on. I am the trouble maker. They pay for what happens."

"And they use your shadow to do their father's work." He tisks. 

"Why would that be a problem? Why would they hide from you if you were on the side of good?"

He is silent as the doors the O.Q. burst open. Stepping through is my grandmother Martha Kent, my Aunt Lois Lane Kent,  Kara and my cousins Doyle and Audrey, Richard Quinn and Catherine Kyle. Why are they all together?