Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Three months later

" I'm so sorry Luka." I said apologizing for the fourth time.

Luka was one of my fathers guardians and I had just broken his nose in a fit of darkness induced rage. I could see Keaton and Pavel trying to covertly limp away, Dimitri had been able to handle my first run in with the darkness alone. It had taken my mom, Eddie, Luka, Keaton, and Pavel to hold me down as Adrian put some Spirit into a ring and shove it onto my finger as quickly as he could.

Thinking about Dimitri brought on the heartache I tried so hard to pretend was not there. Honestly though I couldn't go a day without something making me think of him. And I always started crying it was no different this time, though this time seemed to be harder. He had helped me the last time this had happened. Just him, no silver or charms. His love for me brought me out of it. The tears were coming in earnest now and I couldn't stop them.

" Ah no need to cry princess it will heal." Luka said holding a napkin to his nose to staunch the bleeding.

I gave Luka a dirty look but then began to laugh. It was empty sounding but it took my mind off of my original thoughts momentarily. Christian who was standing behind Adrian looking freaked stepped forward.

" What in the hell was that?"

My mom and Baba I could tell were wondering the same thing as they nodded their heads with wide eyes. All anyone knew was we were having a nice breakfast and then Adrian got a funny look on his face the same time I felt her. In seconds he was up yelling for someone to grab me and that he needed a piece of real silver jewelry. I was trying to fight everyone off, all I could feel was anger and hatred.

" That was Liss.." I said still trying to regain my bearings.

" Explain Rosemarie!"

My mother guys the queen of no bullshit.

" She has been trying to get to me through our bond. She started off by apologizing, but since I haven't called her or returned to court she has been blaming me for her parents being dead. She thinks she should have saved them instead of me. I've been ignoring it. But she knows Adrian and Christian are here right now and she is even more pissed. So to answer your question that was Lissa taking all of her anger and spirit induced darkness and shoving it through our bond."

Everyone aside from Adrian was staring eyes wide mouths open. They didn't know about darkness or how it could affect one person.

" What would have happened if she'd done that and we weren't here?"

Christian asked the question I saw on my mom, dad, Eddie, and Luka's faces. The one they wouldn't like the answer to, I know this because I don't like it either.

" You all would be visiting me in a padded room."

I deadpanned. I wouldn't sugarcoat it for anyone. And as far as I was concerned that was the last straw for me and Vasilisa Dragomir. She had deliberately gathered all that darkness and mentally shoved as hard as she could.

Abe stood up so fast you would have thought he'd been a Strigoi. I could see the rage in his eyes. He opened his mouth nut then closed it with an audible snap, and left the room. My mother looked after him but decided against following him. Instead she turned back to me.

" How many times?"

I knew what she meant, how many times had I been through that. Dimitri's worried eyes flashed through my mind. Him telling me he would always be there for me. He would always bring me back. I felt the tears prickle again and I tried to blink them back as I answered her question.