💗Chap 3💗

"Who was that girl?"
Zak Torres, a young middle class architect living with his grandmother in a part of the town. Zak lost his parents since he was a kid and he stayed with his grandmother who took care of him till he was able to fend for himself and take care of her.

Seven years ago, Zak met Lauren Black, a beautiful young lady at the university where he studied. They became so close and started a relationship, Zak was very much in love with Lauren. A year after they met, Lauren finished her university and Zak proposed marriage to her. She refused telling him she was already betrothed to a very rich man. She said she never loved him, she only used him to pass time and have fun while in school. She also said she was going to marry the man weeks after.

Zak was very heartbroken, he really loves Lauren. Ever since then he hasn't taken interest in any girl. Even after six years he hasn't forgotten Lauren, he decides to face his work and taking care of his grandmother.
Never thought of any girl until yesterday, He was leaving his best friend's store when he saw a girl about to fall and he caught her before she got to the floor. She was so beautiful, She was a good example of an angel, her eyes, the nose, her pink lips, everything was perfect. She was an epitome of beauty.

Ever since he left the store, he couldn't concentrate all he was thinking was of the girl he met at the store. I have to meet her again, he thought to himself.

Delancy has just woke up from her deep slumber, she smiled to herself. She didn't dream about her father, she dreamt of a guy.
"A guy!" She exclaimed to herself. "I saw everything." She heard the voice said then she imagined Cinderella in front of her.
"What are you wearing?" She asked Cinderella. "Well, you imagined me in it, this was the clothes the guy was wearing." Cinderella said and Delancy face flushed as she said that. "Well yeah," She replied.

"Do you like him?"
"Well, I hate to admit, I like him but I don't know if I'll meet him again." She responded. "Do you know what I noticed?" Cinderella said.
"What?"

"The clock strikes twelve," She squealed. "Do you know what that means?"
"What does it mean." Delancy asked. "I won't tell you, anyways bye. Your mean mother is coming and yes I ship you and the owner of this clothes." Cinderella said and fade away. "Ship, are this guys crazy" she said to herself and got up from bed, ran to the bathroom and turn on the shower. She hurriedly brushed her teeth and started bathing. Avery came into the room and called "Lancy dear, where are you?"

"I'm in the bathroom, I'll be out soon" She said hoping her mother won't say anything about her father.
"Okay, Meet me downstairs, I've got good news." Avery said and left the room.

Good news, Hmm. She finished her bath and body treatments and went out, dressed up, did her makeup and went downstairs to dinning room placing a real smile on her face this time. "Gosh, you really like this guy.", Cinderella's voice said in her head again.

She got to the table, her mother looked at her with a smile on her face. "Good morning Dear." Avery said.
Delancy looked at her mother confused, it's been long she received a real smile from her mother. "Good morning mum." She said and sat on the chair opposite Avery and looked at her.

"Mum, what's the good news?"
"Yes my dear, remember I told you I was going to meet a friend." Avery said.
"Yes, I remember."
"She told me she wants her son to get married again after his first wife died," Avery said. Delancy looked at her mother and thought to herself, how does that make you happy? But she said "So...?"
"I WANT YOU TO MARRY HER SON"

Delancy processed the words her mother said in her head and it still came to her like she was watching a movie or Cindy was talking to her, then she said "What?"
"Yes my dear, I want you to get married to Nicholas Tremaine." Avery added. "But Mum, I don't know this guy or like him and I haven't met him yet, besides how can I marry a man I don't love."

Avery stood up and glared at Delancy, then she said "You don't know what you're saying, all I ever did for you was for your happiness yet you don't want to agree to marry Nicholas, he's rich, our class. He's good looking, nice and all what a woman would want in a man," Then she busted out crying, "Just like your father, If he hasn't died he would have talked some sense into your head, I'm sure of that. Oh my dear James, come talk to you daughter."

Delancy looked at her mother unable to say any word. "I've hurt my mother again," She thought to herself. She went close to her mother and said "Okay Mum, I agree to marry him."
"Are you crazy?" Cinderella's voice said in her head. She ignored it and saw that her mum's cry has turned into a wide grin. "Thank you so much my dear," Avery said. "We'll start the preparation for you two to meet." Avery smiled at Delancy and left the room.

"Oh God, what have I agreed to?" Delancy said to herself, then she took her phone and dialled Jonas. "Hello... Can we meet now... At your restaurant... I'm on my way."
She went to her room, took her bag and went out of the house to the restaurant. As she got there She met Jonas at the front of his office door in the restaurant. She walked to him and they went inside.

As they got inside, all the tears she's kept in, she busted it out. Jonas just hugged her and let her cry till she was okay, then he asked. "What happened Del?"
"I've been so stupid, do you know what I did, I agreed to marry Nicholas Tremaine," She said amidst tears. Jonas stopped for a while then he said "How, what happened, why, tell me Delancy."

"I'll tell you everything," Delancy said then she explained everything that happened to Jonas. Jonas listened carefully to what she said, then he said "But you can refuse the marriage."
"No I can't, I accepted to marry him and refusing will hurt my mother bad." Delancy said. "But your mum needs to know your life is greatly involved in this, you're the one getting married and not her." Jonas stated.
"No Jonas, I hurt her once, I don't want to do it again."
"Oh my dear, it's going to be alright." Jonas comforted.

Zak hasn't stopped thinking about the girl he saw at the store. "I'll as Tony who she is." he thought. He hasn't been able to concentrate on work, instead of drawing buildings, he's been drawing a girl.
"A girl!" he said to himself. He hasn't thought of any girl as much as this since Lauren left six years ago. "What have you been thinking of, grandson." he looked up and saw his 60 years old grandmother. He stood to meet her and said "Grandma, when did you come in?"
"Few minutes ago, I noticed you were deep in thought, what happened dear?" She said.
"Oh Nothing Grandma Patty, I've been busy lately that I couldn't spend much time with you, that was what I was thinking about." he lied. "Zak, Zak, I took care of you since you were a child and I know you like to hide a lot which in fact I know most of it, Now tell me you were thinking about a girl." Grandma Patty said.

"Grandma." he laughed. "There's no girl but I'll tell you when I'm interested in one." Grandma Patty looked at him then she shrugged "Okay, I just came to tell you to come home. Your cousin Amber and her fiance just came and some of the family are arriving, it was even John that brought me here."

"Oh really, what's the occasion?" he asked. "When you come home, we'll tell you and the rest." Grandma Patty replied. "Alright Grandma, I'll be home tonight." he said. "Good, I'm leaving now," Grandma said as she turned towards the door.
"Oh, Let me see you to the car."
"Alright Gentleman."
They laughed then they walked to the car.

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Phew!

😱 😱 😱

1400+ words!

How do you see this part?

Don't forget to

Click that 🌟

And Feed me back.

Aleesha ❤❤❤