Chapter 03: Whataya Want From Me

An Adam Lambert songfic (there's a first). Fluff with an edge ft. Giovanni working too much and the reader hearing this song and being like "Oh god why is this literally Gio right now..." January of 2017

Hey, slow it down

What do you want from me

Yeah, I'm afraid

What do you want from me

You were kind of worried. Giovanni was overworking himself, constantly asking his fans, "What do you want from me?" to which the answer was always more. Quite frankly, it scared you...You often had to beg him to take a break these days.

There might have been a time

I would give myself away

Oh, Once upon a time

I didn't give a damn

But now here we are

So what do you want from me

What do you want from me

However, he had been trying to get a little more of a work-life balance established since then, as he had been noticing you feeling almost like he didn't care about you anymore. This was so far from true, he just had to prove you wrong by asking you, "Y/N? What do you want from me, my love?"

Just don't give up

I'm workin' it out

Please don't give in

I won't let you down

It messed me up, need a second to breathe

Just keep coming around

Hey, what do you want from me

What do you want from me

"You, dumbass." You smiled. "I'll try, babe. Just don't give up on me, yeah?" He reasoned, holding you close. "I'll try." You said, still smiling. "I'm sorry if it looks like I haven't been trying it's just--working so much fucked me up and I needed a minute. That's all. Now, I'm all yours for awhile, bitch." He said, smiling back at you. "Yay!" You said, cuddling further into his chest.

Yeah, it's plain to see

that baby you're beautiful

And there's nothing wrong with you

It's me, I'm a freak

But thanks for lovin' me

'Cause you're doing it perfectly

Since that day, Giovanni made it his mission to thank you and appreciate you for every time you put up with a solid-booked week or a long month of nothing but shows and photo shoots. "Y/N, You know there's nothing you're doing wrong here, right?" "For a while, I thought I might be, but yeah. I know." "Well, if anyone's fucking up, it's me and, well, thanks for putting up with it all." "Baby, there's not much to put up with."

There might have been a time

When I would let you step away

I wouldn't even try but I think

you could save my life

Not a day went by where either you or Giovanni doubted that you sticking around helped him out when he worked his ass off like this. "You know, there was a time where I would let love just fuck off the Empire State basically. I didn't try until I had a reason to." "Really?" "Yeah." "What was the reason?" "You, beautiful."

Just don't give up

I'm workin' it out

Please don't give in

I won't let you down

It messed me up, need a second to breathe

Just keep coming around

Hey, what do you want from me

What do you want from me

Just don't give up on me

I won't let you down

No, I won't let you down

He was still promising to never let you down, one morning he even woke up after passing out post-all nighter (relatable content <<<) saying just that. In all honesty, you didn't mind that. You knew he had a work-life balance. And as such, my good woman, your answer whenever Giovanni asked you "What do you want from me?", your answer was likely to be "Just you."