Chapter 02: I Could Fall In Love

A Selena songfic (it's me, what did you expect) wherein the reader wants to say "I love you" but is scared of how Giovanni may react. December (four months of dating) of 2016

You had recently realized you had fallen in love with your boyfriend of four months, and as much as you wanted the whole world to know, you were terrified of telling him.

Whenever you tensed up and went red in the face around him, he noticed, often asking, "Y/N? Are you okay? Are we okay?" with an anxious and innocent look in his eyes. That face broke you. "Yeah. We're okay, Gio." You smiled back. His face broke out in a smile at the use of the nickname, he would peck you on the cheek, and go about his business. What if he didn't love you? At least, not in the way you loved him?

I could lose my heart tonight

If you don't turn and walk away

'Cause the way I feel I might

Lose control and let you stay

'Cause I could take you in my arms

And never let go

I could fall in love with you

You could easily lose your heart, either way. He could end things on the spot, he could reciprocate your lust, and unbeknownst to you, he had debated ever since he met you clear blurting it out, three little words, three words you were going to make your mission to say- either you or Giovanni.

I can only wonder how

Touching you would make me feel

But if I take that chance right now

Tomorrow will you want me still?

So I should keep this to myself

And never let you know

I could fall in love with you

You couldn't help but wonder, even if he did love you, would your relationship change? Would it even still exist? Would he want you still, or find someone better? You briefly wanted to just keep it to yourself, let it slip out or let him slip away. But every part of you wanted nothing more than the opposite, at least after one long internal debate.

And I know it's not right

And I guess I should try to do what I should do

But I could fall in love, fall in love with you (baby)

I could fall in love with you

You couldn't help it. He was always on your mind, as were you always on his. You couldn't go about classes, work, hell, you couldn't even look at one another as before. Not without nearly being completely enveloped with knee-buckling love and lust.

Siempre estoy soñando en ti (I'm always dreaming of you)

Besando mis labios, acariciando mi piel (Kissing my lips, caressing my skin)

Abrazándome con ansias locas (Hugging me with crazy cravings)

Imaginando que me amas (Imagining that you love me)

Como yo podia amar a ti (How could I love you?)

So I should keep this to myself

And never let you know

I could fall in love with you

You couldn't let something like this pass you by. It was now or never (not a Blair St. Clair reference). You either had him forever, or you lost him forever. "Gio?" You asked, trying to get his attention for a minute. You were going to say it. "Yea?" He said, looking at you with a smile. Shit. That smile had you weak in the knees. "I- I love you." You said nervously, tentatively pecking him on the cheek. His cheeks went red. Proper RED. "I love you too, Y/N. Like, a lot." He said, in typical Giovanni fashion. You were so damn close to crying, Giovanni taking notice of this. "Babe, don't cry." "Wasn't gonna." You said. That was a lie, and once again, he knew. "Y/N, I know you. Just shut up and come here." He said, pulling you in tightly. Who knew that this could go over so well, yet still result in tears?