Chapter 13: Little Angels

We've reached the point where I can't think of any more songs to base this off of. Even more important, the twins are born! At seven months...uh oh. TW: Premature birth, medical shit and mentions of mild bleeding. May of 2019

Shit, shit, shit, shit...followed by shit. Shit! If you couldn't tell, you were trying and failing to not freak out at the sight of light blood. What was going on? Then, it was as if someone slapped you with the first wave of pain. You felt your abdomen contra-oh...oh. You were going into pre-term labor-well, at least according to your doctor, who you called immediately. "GIO!" You screamed from the bathroom. "GIOVANNI!" You screamed louder, moving through to your bedroom. Where was he? Then you remembered-he'd probably passed out either in the nursery or his office-for the second week in a row. What an idiot you married. As everything started to get more intense, you started to worry. Were your kids going to be okay? Was bleeding really normal in this situation, or did it mean something? Doing your best to just focus on letting your idiot husband know that your twins would be here-sooner than expected, you started to search pretty much the entire apartment. Checking the time you noticed it was around 10 A.M, and in guessing that Gio would be asleep, you were painfully right. He was passed out on the couch and you wanted to laugh at the fact that-of all things to wake up to-you were in labor at seven months and Gio was passed out on the couch. As if he knew you were there, Gio shot straight up-and you actually did laugh. "What?" He asked, still rubbing his eyes. "Nothing it's just-how?" You asked, still sort of laughing. "I'm a good husband? You're my soulmate? I don't know-can I go back to sleep now?" "One, yes, yes you are. Two, no, no you can't." "Why?" "Because I'm in labor, you adorable moron!" With these words, you watched your husband, slowly but surely go into shock. "Wait what? Now? And you expect me to be calm?" "I WAS THE ONE BLEEDING AND CRYING WHILE ON THE PHONE WITH MY DOCTOR. YOU DON'T GET TO LOSE YOUR SHIT!" "Y/N, honey, calm down. I just-I'm scared, okay? That's all." "I know...I am too. I don't want something to go wrong." You said, crying now as he held you. "Do you think we should go to the hospital?" He asked, calmer than before. "Probably...I mean, I obviously don't want to-especially not now, but...I don't think we have a choice at this point..." You said, your shaking voice laced with tears and anxiety. Gio only nodded and pretty much ignored anything that didn't have to do with you or your son and daughter. You hissed in pain as contractions kept coming, Gio becoming more and more frantic as he kept either forgetting something or checking on you. "Y/N, are you ready? We've got everything-I think...yep, everything." "I don't know-I just feel responsible for this. They're going to be so small and probably have like four IVs and a bunch of monitors and it's my fault..." You said, your eyes red and swollen from crying. "Honey, it's not your fault. Twins are almost always early, you know. Nothing unexpected. They're going to be just fine, and it's all because you've looked after them so well for these past seven months. If anything is because of you, it will be how beautiful those babies will be, okay?" Gio said, looking into your eyes and holding your hands as he attempted to reassure you. "Dumbass-I'm gonna cry now..." You said, a small laugh laced with oncoming tears. Gio smiled as he hugged you, later helping you up. The nearest hospital wasn't too far away, but time seemed to slow with every contraction, every pain-sharpened breath, every time anything happened-time seemed to slow, speed up, slow...it was hard to put into words the mix of pain, fear, and pretty much every emotion to ever exist that rushed around your mind. Had it not been for Gio, you would probably be a mess-even more of a mess than now, that is. Once you got to the hospital, every step seemed that much more crucial, given how many doctors and nurses were in a frenzy, trying to get you a room as fast as possible, mostly because Gio could and would hurt them if they didn't. When you were eventually situated in a room, and when your doctor eventually came in after 2 hours, to say she was shocked and Gio was low-key pissed were both understatements. "Giovanni, I swear to god if you yell at that doctor, I will break your hand." You said, giving your husband a death glare. "I want to so bad, though...at the same time, I'd like to not be injured, so you win." Gio sighed, cautiously loosening his grip on your hand. "Don't I always?" You said smiling. Your doctor informed you that a c-section was still the safer way to go about the delivery, her point only strengthened by the fact the twins were premature. "You ready to have these twins, Mrs. Palandrani?" Your doctor asked. "Nope, but let's do it!" You said, you and Gio smiling at one another. When, after about 15 minutes, a shrill cry filled the room, you were so relieved, it seemed like a heavy weight had been lifted off of your shoulders. Although, when your daughter was placed into a small incubator near you, you couldn't help but feel a bit of that emotional weight return as you watched nurses put at least two IVs on her small body. You looked at Gio, who kissed your cheek and said, "She's okay, Y/N. He'll be okay, too. They're okay." He looked as if he was going to say something else when another cry rang through the stark walls of the operating room. Despite having IVs and monitored breathing, the small, but otherwise healthy twins stole yours and Gio's hearts upon first glance. It took about an hour to name them, but eventually, You and Gio filled out the birth certificates of your Little Angels, Amanda Mercedes and Aaron Giovanni Palandrani. Small, but perfect. Two words that not only described its two newest members, but your young family in general.